Text made of objects

David D

Yes, full circle :) . Would not say married to the idea, just no idea where else to go unless there is a t2g app out there somewhere that will work with my version.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David D

• ReMark

• rkent

• BIGAL

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, full circle :) . Would not say married to the idea, just no idea where else to go unless there is a t2g app out there somewhere that will work with my version.

The older version can be found over at The Swamp, free registration required.

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=31435.0

This program does create splines so make sure your CNC can work with those before pursuing this any further.

Here you go, hopefully splines will work and this is all worth it.

Also

Registration has been disabled for the time being. If you want to join theswamp.org please send an email to mark at theswamp dot org. I apologize for the inconvenience but the spammers are getting on my nerves at the moment.

Txt2Geom.zip

My best guess, copy all of the folders and files in one of the search paths for autocad, in autocad use NETLOAD, point to the .dll and see if it works.

I used the one that autoloaded and it placed it

C:\Users\rkent\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\TextToGeometry

That did it!! App now works. Will send sample to router guy and see what he says. Will let you know if he says OK. He did come back and say splines would be OK so I should be good to go. Sure wish I could do a whole drawing at 1 time but this is sure much beter than replacing 1 letter at at time!!!!

Well, I thank you all for your time but looks like another deadend. I need the geometry to be a single line type object instead of outline (A would be 3 lines, E would be 4 lines, O would be single circle, etc). Sure thought I was there. Hate that is was all for naught. Again, thanks all.

Well the actual font used makes no real difference to me, just the end result. I thought I was good when I used a .shx font and did txtexp but that makes the finished object as all lines, no curves. On letters like "S" there are so many small lines that this slows down the machine too much to be effective.

Sounds like the problem is most fonts have a width say Arial a font like ISOCP has no width and is a single pen stroke so results are stick figures, I downloaded the font program but have 2013 so it wont work, when you look at result can you explode the character generated and re PE a half side then offset to create a c/l of the font you only need do this 52 times and keep forever. A "E" would be 4 lines not say 12 lines

Another suggestion if you use a small router will you get correct outside profile then route out centre using a hatch ?

A couple of quick comments on Text To Geometry routine:

The version at Autodesk Exchange is compatible with 2012 – 2013.

For a 2007 – 2011, the version at theSwamp and http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?48936-I-need-a-huge-favor-with-text&p=334196&viewfull=1#post334196

Should work.

The routine works only with True Type fonts. TTFs are fill based, so they do not support Single Stroke.

When I get a chance I’ll see if I can provide some Single Stroke capability with the ISOCP family of fonts. If that works out I’ll try to get that into an update for the Exchange.