• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Dadgad

• unheeding

• iainlines

Top Posters In This Topic

Really depends on the work place doesn't it? My boss and I very nearly came to blows one day. My boss is my Father. A good man too, just not that day! :-)

ReMark....though I agree wholeheartedly with your ethics (cheaters never prosper) there is little point in telling the OP that you know the answer but you're not telling. I don't wish to offend (mainly as I value and quite often need your insight) but you can and do come off as condescending sometimes. Sorry. That said the time you take in trying to solve other's problems is greatly appreciated

To the OP: Your teacher/proffesor has some really dumb grading criteria. Talk to them. JD Mather's idea of showing them a print out of this thread, or at least the parts that don't incriminate you is a good one.

Right, off my soap box and back to my beer xx

I used the word "cheat" once in five posts and you want to hoist me to the yardarm then draw and quarter me? That's fine. You'll notice that at no time did I use derogatory language to describe the OP and for the most part my posts were rather even handed.

I have a policy of not giving away drawings to Penn-Foster students who come here asking for them rather than do them themselves. Does that make me a bad person as well? I am a firm believer that a person should try to the best of their ability to create their own drawings. If they fail at something they still learned a valuable lesson.

I'm not worried about being incriminated...good, bad, or indifferent.

Nope, doesn't make you a bad person at all and neither do I want you drawn and quatered. That would be somewhat of an extreme reaction to a CAD forum discussion/debate.

I was just saying there is no need to say I could tell you but I won't so nah-nah!!

I did note that no derogatory language was used and I do think you were even handed but the "feel" of your responses, to me at least is that of moral superiority and condescension

Again, sorry (not that you give a rat's) I have been drinking a little. I'll regret this soon enough when I need help myself. Not to cheat though, of course.

Lastly I agree that doing someones work for them isn't beneficial for anyone.

P.S- I have no clue what Penn-Foster is but am going to look it up now

i actually tried that yesterday before i even posted this thread, but it somehow messed up my "editing time" giving it a negative value! something like -900 minutes...

That would be an A+ then, right?

With possible bonus points for time travel. :)

heres what i did (if anyone wants to know) - I DXFout my drawing, as well as my other .dwg which contained the desired date and time settings. i opened both .dxf files in wordpad, and copied the TDCREATE, TDUCCREATE, etc... values (which are in Julian date format) from the "good date/time file" and replaced them in the "finished assignment drawing". then i just loaded the dxf file in autocad, and it resulted as my complete assignment with the time and date settings i wanted

thank you all for your quick responses!

Good. You solved your problem and learned something about .dxf files at the same time.

There's one lesson that will carry you far in life.

I have a question. What if the professor gave the assignment knowing full well that no one could possibly finish the drawing in the allotted time and if someone did he would instantly know they did something unethical? What if?

Edited by ReMark