viewbase command help!

stenews

Hi guys,

does anyone of you to know why I can't set the hidden lines viewbase option to shaded with visible lines mode?

Thanks,

Stefano

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• stenews

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi ReMark,

yes it is...do it using the attached file and see if you can to the same thing.

I use 2013 too

let me know what's the problem...

No problems that I can see.

Unless you are unaware that each of these views can have different visual style settings.

Left click on one you wish to change, then in the right click shortcut menu select EDIT VIEW.

Then take a look at the image...

hidden line settings.jpg

right...but the style does not change...it has no shade colour...it still remain in black and white

Where I'm wrong may be I changed same setting...

try to hit shaded with visible lines

Hi Dadgad...

see what I mean...if I try to apply any colours I always see the view like black and white but If you try to copy and past the draw in a new template it works again...why

and If you try to copy and past the all draw in a new fresh template it works again...why?

may be I changed same internal settings...accidentally but what?:(

Hi Dadgad...

see what I mean...if I try to apply any colours I always see the view like black and white but If you try to copy and past the draw in a new template it works again...why

Have you experimented with the right click (on the Layout tab) option,

EXPORT LAYOUT TO MODEL.

If you use that it is sort of like a quicker version of SOLPROF.

That won't fix the issue you are having here, but it is interesting.

right I'll give it a try...thanks to all of you for the time wasted helping me:) I appreciate

but to me it's a bug...or something like that

Yeah where is that dork (referring to ReMark) anyway?:x Did he sleep in this morning?:o Partied too hardy last night and can't get the circuits fired up? :shock::lol:

So, what is the main problem here?

Yeah where is that dork (referring to ReMark) anyway?:x Did he sleep in this morning?:o Partied too hardy last night and can't get the circuits fired up? :shock::lol:

So, what is the main problem here?

Party animal, slept in until 3:45, like there weren't more pressing matters to deal with.

Lithium ions topped off, still lazing in the hay.

Coffee to be drunk, posts to be answered, snap out of it! :beer:

The absence of shading mostly.

No absence of shading here. Just tested it again this morning with a different 3D model.

I wonder if his copy of 2012 has been updated with any service packs.

No absence of shading here. Just tested it again this morning with a different 3D model.

I wonder if his copy of 2012 has been updated with any service packs.

Hmmm, strange. :huh:

When I tried it on his I couldn't get it to display shaded, but just created my own 3D Solid, and it worked just fine.

Shaded with visible lines.JPG

Same results here with his drawing. One odd thing I noticed. When I am in the layout and I look at the View panel the visual style is called out as "Xray" which is not the visual style back in model space. Yet, in my 3D drawing, when I look at the View panel while in my layout the visual style is exactly what it is for model space (i.e. - 2Dwireframe). That puzzles me. In your layout what does the visual style show up as and is it the same as model space?

I had XRAY in modelspace and without a VIEWPORT in the LAYOUT I don't believe there is a visual style in paperspace.

I switched from Xray as soon as I saw it in modelspace, and switched to 2D Wireframe, and despite trying all manner of

options have not been able to get it to shade. I tried creating a new 3D solid in his modelspace and it wouldn't

display shaded either. I -Purged it and everything else I could think of. When setting up the viewbase views it

is displayed as shaded, but as soon as I accept the layout with the right click, it all goes to unshaded.

Been there, done that. It isn't SHADEDGE, which I was pretty sure was the deal,

but when I tested the different options I still couldn't get it to shade.

It is saved in the drawing, and it is 3, which is what mine is set at

and working fine.

Have you ever noticed that you can EXPORT LAYOUT TO MODEL, by right clicking on the Viewbase hosting LAYOUT tab?

Defeating the associativity of Viewbase functionality, but delivering blocks to Modelspace in a new drawing, much like Solprof, but quicker.