• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• stenews

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like a moth drawn to the flame I could not resist going back and taking another look.

I went into model space and created a rectangle off one corner of the building. I used PressPull on it to give it some height. I went into Layout2 and started the View Base command from scratch. I asked for a Top view and specified that I wanted it to be Shaded with visible lines and that is exactly what I got.

Weird, I didn't try on a new layout tab. Well done. :beer:

His drawing was set for 1st Projection which is why the view seems odd to us yankees.

It is good to remember that you can change that on the LAYOUT tab, without using the ribbon.

This is freaking me out. I attempted to reproduce what I just did and couldn't. Now I'm back to the unshaded view even with a new layout and a new 3D solid. Gadz!

This is freaking me out. I attempted to reproduce what I just did and couldn't. Now I'm back to the unshaded view even with a new layout and a new 3D solid. Gadz!

Anomaly, time to let it be and move on.

I don't get it either, but hey :beer:

hi guys...it's me stenews sorry but I switched on my PC right on.

I read all your posts but I still not understand what's the problem...

I'm quoting ReMark now

...we are missing some system variable...
may be he is right, but which one?

the only way that I know is to copy and past all the drawing in a new fresh template...magically the viewbase hidden option starts back to work.

if you try to move the viewbase you'll see the shading comes up after you release it it stops again it's like over layered to samething...

may be...but I can't understand it's a very simple one and not every times it happens, sometime every goes right and sometime one layout works and another one not

Other than your technique I can't think of a reason why it works in one drawing and not in another.

AutoCAD 2012. You install the service pack(s)?

no I have loaded 2013...any way I'm more than thank to you for your help

don't waste your time any more with that...I'm sure it's something like a bug

Version 1.1 I believe. The first version has some bugs and was withdrawn. Check it out? The only way I know is to look at the ReadMe.txt file. It will tell you want problems it addresses. I see no reason why you should not install the service pack.