Newby - Spacing problems

g4m8l3r

Fantastic, sorted straight away, :D

Thank you very much

There is a hidden OSnap-point called M2P that finds the middle of two points. When in the Move-command and AutoCAD asks for Move-to-point, type M2P and select the twi points that you want the middle of.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• g4m8l3r

• Tiger

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The part I was getting lost at was the second time it said select object.

You're making this more difficult than it really is.

Command: Move

Select objects: 1 found (since it is an array AutoCAD 2013 treats it as one object)

Select objects: Just AutoCAD thinking you want to move another object. You don't.

Specify base point or [Displacement] : Pick a point on or near your object. Now move your mouse in the direction you want to go and...

Specify second point or : ...type in the distance of .19

Done.

You don't happen to have a book about AutoCAD 2013 do you?

Are you taking an AutoCAD class?

How did you manage to get the array off center to begin with?

Do you have any manual drafting experience?

Thanks for the help guys, I have yet another problem that needs solving.

Basicly I am wanting the lines from the inner of a circle just past the outer, I tried construction lines but it filled the whole drawing.

I have attached a copy of what I am wanting to do in my drawing.

Thanks in advance again.

a[1].pdf

The difficult part is that this software is completely new to me I don'tknow my way around any part of it, I don't have a book on it and even if I didI don't have time to study it right now I just need a helping hand in the rightdirection for what I'm doing.

Also no I haven't used OFFSET

Did you know that you can press the F1 key and get help with your questions?

You might want to invest in a good after-market AutoCAD book if you are going to continue with the self-teaching approach.

If you have the center lines of the larger circle already drawn you can duplicate one or both via the Copy or Offset commands.

The two point circle? Are you referring to the one with the 15.1 diameter?

Have you looked at any of the tutorials here at CADTutor or anywhere else?

FourCircles.jpg

Draw the large circle (15.1 dia.).

Draw a small circle (3.2 dia.) inside the large one using the Center osnap.

Move the small circle above the large circle a distance of 11.1 (half of 22.2).

Mirror the small circle to a position below the large circle.

FourCirclesCL.jpg

Create a new layer for your centerlines. You do know how to do this right?

Draw the centerlines for the large circle using the Quadrant osnap.

Set your linetype scale to .25 (you can do this at the command line via LTSCALE).

Copy the centerlines to one of the smaller circles.

Scale these centerlines by a factor of .25 then mirror the result to the other small circle.

Disclaimer:

There are just as many ways to accomplish the end result as there are AutoCAD users. Just because I demonstrate one way doesn't mean it is the best/most efficient way of doing something. Consider the above as just one possibility.

You should be well past done now as I gave you a generous amount of time not to mention two visual hints. Post an image of what you have accomplished.

Thanks for the help guys, I have yet another problem that needs solving.

Basicly I am wanting the lines from the inner of a circle just past the outer, I tried construction lines but it filled the whole drawing.

I have attached a copy of what I am wanting to do in my drawing.

Thanks in advance again.

Once you have the large circle draw the two centerlines, be sure to snap to quadrant or center of the circle. You do that by starting the line command, hold down shift and hit the right mouse button, pick quadrant, then select on the circle.

Now use the OFFSET command and pick the circle and move the cursor outside the circle and pick a point. The circle will be offset. Now use the EXTEND command, pick the larger circle, enter, pick the center lines near the endpoints, you will pick four times. Finally ERASE the larger circle.

Another option. Draw the centerlines quadrant to quadrant then use the SCALE command with a 1.05 scale factor. As a basepoint for the scaling use the intersection of the two lines. The end result will be lines that extend just a bit beyond your large circle. No offsetting or trimming to do.

You can use construction lines, (xline), snap to the center of the circle and place the vertical line and horizontal, then offset the circle as before, and then trim to the outside of the circle, erase the circle.