About AutoCAD 2007

Costinbos77

Hi there,

has anyone encountered the following problem in AutoCAD 2007 ?

To copy some objects from a drawing and then you paste them in another drawing command 'Paste to original coordinates ', but this command line is not active (available in window of right click and then use the option 'Paste to Original Coordinates').

Edited by Costinbos77

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Costinbos77

• SLW210

• irneb

Top Posters In This Topic

The paste to original coordinates also doesn't work too well in a paperspace tab.

Usually I use copy-with-basepoint instead (Ctrl+Shift+C), then type 0,0,0 when asked for point, then use the same 0,0,0 when pasting (Ctrl+V). Does much the same thing as the paste to original.

All service packs loaded? Any hot fixes applied?

Thanks for the reply.

can you be more specific?

Maybe it's a variable remains set wrong.

Did you update your version of AutoCAD 2007 with any/all service packs? Yes or No?

Did you apply any Hot Fixes for AutoCAD 2007? Yes or No?

I don't believe the problem is associated with a system variable. What makes you think that it is?

Where did you get the drawing file from that you are having the problem with? Do you know what version of AutoCAD it was created with?

Is this happening in just one particular drawing or in any drawing you work on?

To the mods: I don't believe this thread is in the correct forum. Might it be moved? Thanks.

Edited by ReMark

given that it's currently 3.15 in Romania, and that post is about 7 hours old, I'm guessing it was posted before he went to work, so... maybe he won't be online again until he gets home

What error message do you get on the command line?

What method are you using to "Paste to Original Coordinates"?

Does "Paste" or "Paste as Block" work?

For ReMark

I did not know that there are updates for AutoCAD, so I did not.

I'll look 'hot fixes' and see if it happens. The problem is solved very quickly by opening and closing as AutoCAD and said 'asos2000', but if repeated, is very annoying.

The problem appears from drawings made multiple versions of AutoCAD.

You are unaware that AutoDesk makes Service Packs/Updates available for their products? You should really visit the AutoDesk website then.

There was a Hotfix for a Copy/Paste problem issued for AutoCAD 2007 but whether or not it applies to your situation depends on if you share files with others and what version of AutoCAD they are using.

If you want to continue to use the 'fix' that asos2000 suggested then by all means carry on. I thought you just might be interested in a long term solution.

Thanks for your answer.

Yes looking for a long term solution. If they put 'hot fixes', means that they found the problem and it's a bag of AutoCAD

You can find links to Service Packs/Hotfixes here for many versions of AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT...http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9240618#section7

Find, download and install Service Pack 2 for AutoCAD 2007. You don't need Service Pack 1 because it is included with SP 2.

Click on the link for the Copy/Paste hotfix for AutoCAD 2007. At the next screen read what it says. If you think it applies to your situation then download the hotfix and install that as well.

Before you install anything create a Windows Restore point in case there is a problem during the installation. Understand?

I supposed it must be a variable, because AutoCAD needs to know if copying was done in the drawing in which you want to paste and then activates or option 'Paste to Original Coordonates'.

We remember and deal with the copy of the system. Do not worry, in 2 hours reinstalling Windows

If that is what you believe then so be it. It does not change the fact that if you have never installed any Service Packs you really should do so. But that is all up to you. I guess we're done here. I hope you find a permanent solution to your problem. Good luck.

I don't know why you would even consider reinstalling Windows. That would be like replacing all four tyres on your car because one lost some air. In my opinion it is overkill but it's your system and you can do whatever you like with it.

I did that once, and it worked great! :D

It was a little pricier though than topping off the air.

I agree with ReMark, your call, but it seems a very strange approach to what is more than likely an Autocad bug, for which an update

or hotfix was issued six years ago.

No doubt it is but one of the many issues addressed by the update.

Good luck.

Have you applied the Hotfix for your Windows yet?