Penn Foster Student Suffering with Oleson Village Map!!!

AutoCad Student

Also I want to suggest about rotating and aligning the text along a line - 

Use TORIENT command or go to ribbon - express tools tab - text panel - modify text command - select rotate text.

It will prompt you to select the text to be rotated and then select the points along which you want it to rotate. You can select the points along a line and align the text to that line.

On 25/04/2019 at 23:55, ReMark said:

The line you circled should be parallel to the property/streetline.  

Hi,

could you please solve my problem that I posted on this thread.

I am currently unable to access my CAD workstation and cannot confirm or deny your findings regarding items 1 through 3.  As regards item 4 I recall I was able to copy, then paste the coordinates from the PDF to AutoCAD and it worked.  I'm not sure what you are doing differently to get MText entries.

Pdf  copy "co-ord"

Autocad command line type 

Line "paste co-ord" 

Go to pdf copy "co-ord"

back to command line

"paste co-ord"  

repeat the two steps for every point.

8 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Pdf  copy "co-ord"

Autocad command line type 

Line "paste co-ord" 

Go to pdf copy "co-ord"

back to command line

"paste co-ord"  

repeat the two steps for every point.

I tried it but as I do ctrl+ v in command line, it brings the coordinates as an mtext object. No worries, I have drawn all the trees by typing manually. Just thinking if there was some easy way to do that so that it will help me in future.

11 hours ago, ReMark said:

I am currently unable to access my CAD workstation and cannot confirm or deny your findings regarding items 1 through 3.  As regards item 4 I recall I was able to copy, then paste the coordinates from the PDF to AutoCAD and it worked.  I'm not sure what you are doing differently to get MText entries.

I just copied the coordinates and pasted it in the command line for the point, but autocad converted it into Mtext.

However, I just completed the drawing and want to know reviews from you all.

I want to know if there is any method from which you can plot the model space as it is, i.e. with black background. I used plot from page setup manager to plot directly from model space but it is plotted on white background. Tried changing background in custom properties of paper but still no success on that. 

oleson village model space.png

Edited by shilpavyas

Also do you guys have access to other penn foster projects? I am not enrolled in the institute. I just found this project on some site and started working on it to learn more about cad. 

I must say it was a great learning experience both from the project and from this thread. 

No, you cannot plot the drawing with a black background.

Yes, there are additional Penn-Foster projects that include electrical, HVAC, civil, and structural.  You'll have to check the various threads for the proper project PDF file.  Once again, I can't supply the files because of a lack of access to my CAD computer.  I'm in the process of moving and it's packed away.

4 hours ago, shilpavyas said:

.....I want to know if there is any method from which you can plot the model space as it is, i.e. with black background......

If you set WMFBKGND to ON, and then type the command WMFOUT from Model space, you should get a black background wmf image, although with an ink-jet printer, you would get a very soggy print!!

1 hour ago, eldon said:

If you set WMFBKGND to ON, and then type the command WMFOUT from Model space, you should get a black background wmf image, although with an ink-jet printer, you would get a very soggy print!!

I don't actually want to print the model space,  I just want it in jpg format to display in my projects list. 

5 hours ago, ReMark said:

No, you cannot plot the drawing with a black background.

Yes, there are additional Penn-Foster projects that include electrical, HVAC, civil, and structural.  You'll have to check the various threads for the proper project PDF file.  Once again, I can't supply the files because of a lack of access to my CAD computer.  I'm in the process of moving and it's packed away.

Ok, I will do that. Thanks for your help so far through this thread 🙂

16 minutes ago, shilpavyas said:

I don't actually want to print the model space,  I just want it in jpg format to display in my projects list. 

Then use the Snipping Tool in Windows

17 hours ago, eldon said:

Then use the Snipping Tool in Windows

I took screenshot of the screen and  I guess snipping tool is also for the same purpose.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have the finished .dwg file they can offer to me in good faith? I finished all of the tests but my laptop is having trouble downloading the AutoCAD software. Plus I only use Catia at work, so AutoCAD is simply a prerequisite for my Engineering degree. Kind thanks in advance 😃

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have been working on the oleson village project for hours. I have read every thread here trying to figure out what a I am doing wrong.  Any help is greatly appreciated :)

I am having trouble starting the lines. I type LINE, click on bottom left corner, second point I enter 1421334.93,783207.62. No line appears. Could it b I have something on/off?

Only snap is on. I have tried turning things on and off. F8 off. Tried ZOOM ALL.  I cant get the lines to appear 😕

You have come to the right thread.  Go back to the very first page and look at the second post.  Then move on to my subsequent posts.

Drawing the rectangle helped and I was able to start the first line. When I enter @113.66 i get this:

Command: LINE
Specify first point: ( i click on the endpoint of the line)
Specify next point or [Undo]: @113.66
Point or option keyword required. (????)
Specify next point or [Undo]:

Never mind i got it  :)  !!!

And I cannot emphasize enough to use zoom! Thanks so much for the help, this forum is very helpful !

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/7/2012 at 4:49 PM, ReMark said:

Oleson Village Lots 4 5 6.jpg

It must be your lucky day. Had a few minutes to whip this up.

Laying out lots #4, 5 and 6.

I used circles to find intersection points then ran a line from the intersections back to the center of the cul-de-sac.

Lot #4 - red circle.

Copy the north streetline of SW Kensington Street to the intersection of the west boundary line of lot #4 and the south property line. This will give you the south property line of lots #5 and 6. This line is the north edge of the buffer area between the back of the lots and SW Kensington Street.

Lot #5 - yellow circle.

Lot #6 - green circle.

OK...gotta go. Catch up with you on Saturday. Good night.

Addendum:

I messed up on lot #6. See the image attached to post #47. There should be a small segment of property line (23.06 feet) going off in a northeasterly direction. My apologies.

Hey could you please explain more of how you used the circles to layout the lots ? I cant figure it out?

The instructions should include the distance of the west property line of lot #4.  Whatever it is start the circle command, choose Radius as the option and for the start point select the westerly most end of the north property line of lot #4 then create a circle.  Now draw a line from the intersection of this point with the westerly lot line to the center of the cul-de-sac.  Trim the line where it crosses the radius of the cul-de-sac.  You have now constructed the angled southern property of lot #4.