Change shortcommand for osnap on/off and ortho on/off

danzi

Hi.

I want to change the shortcuts for osnap on/off (default F3) and ortho on/off (default F8 ) to either F1 and F2, or some letter like q and w, or ctrl+w and ctrl+e.

I cant find them under cui-->all commands. Don´t know if they are there somewhere.

Is it possible to change them to either of the above shortcuts?

I prefer F1 and F2 if it´s possible, then q and w and last if neither of the other two is possible ctrl+w and ctrl+e.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• lest

• Dadgad

• danzi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

F1 = Help

F2 is your text window.

Are you just going to ditch those two?

Re: Ctrl+W and Ctrl+E. Wouldn't these entries be made in the CUI under Shortcut Keys?

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

Per ReMark's post, the following image shows where you would change your shortcut key to toggle ORTHO on and off.

Lynn Allen has a post, which I think she calls here most popular customization, regarding changing the F1 key to something other than HELP,

here is that link

It would seem to me that using Q & W would be more efficient than using the F keys, because they are closer to where my left hand is usually stationed.

RESETTING YOUR TOGGLE ORTHO KEY.jpg

Edited by Dadgad

F1 = Help

F2 is your text window.

Are you just going to ditch those two?

Re: Ctrl+W and Ctrl+E. Wouldn't these entries be made in the CUI under Shortcut Keys?

Yes I know but I want to change place for them, i.e. default F1 to F3 and default F3 to F1, and default F2 to F8 and default F8 to F1.

Thanks for the help Dadgad. I found where to change the shortcutkeys for default F3 and default F8. However I ran into some new problems. When I change them, as you can see in the picture, the F1 key still refers to help, not osnap, and the F2 key still refers to text window. I figure I must change the shortcutkey for help and text window, but I can´t found where it is. Anyone who knows were it is?

xxxx.jpg

Yes I know but I want to change place for them, i.e. default F1 to F3 and default F3 to F1, and default F2 to F8 and default F8 to F1.

Thanks for the help Dadgad. I found where to change the shortcutkeys for default F3 and default F8. However I ran into some new problems. When I change them, as you can see in the picture, the F1 key still refers to help, not osnap, and the F2 key still refers to text window. I figure I must change the shortcutkey for help and text window, but I can´t found where it is. Anyone who knows were it is?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39512[/ATTACH]

Did you watch the Lynn Allen link which I posted?

I believe it may help you, which is of course why I posted it. :D

And it does deal specifically with customizing the F1 key.

I just watched it again, strongly suggest you do too.

Edited by Dadgad

Did you watch the Lynn Allen link which I posted?

I believe it may help you, which is of course why I posted it. :D

And it does deal specifically with customizing the F1 key.

I just watched it again, strongly suggest you do too.

Okej I see what I did wrong there. I was in the temporary override keys and changed the shortcut.

I solved the Toggle ortho as Lynn Allen described it. Howerever when I want to change the Toggle object snap it is´nt located in the same place as Toggle ortho, see picture. Is´nt it suppose to be there? And if not where do I find it?picture.jpg

Okej I see what I did wrong there. I was in the temporary override keys and changed the shortcut.

I solved the Toggle ortho as Lynn Allen described it. Howerever when I want to change the Toggle object snap it is´nt located in the same place as Toggle ortho, see picture. Is´nt it suppose to be there? And if not where do I find it?[ATTACH=CONFIG]39515[/ATTACH]

Glad you got that sorted. :)

I think the image will help you find what you are after.

toggle snap changes.jpg

• 1 month later...

hi guys,

i am trying to do the same but once i am in the CUI i cannot find the "keyboard shortcuts" option...i have the auto cad 2013 so the window is completely different. thank you

Thanks BIGAL, but i am not good friends with computers and i don't fully understand where i have to copy this...i tried it in the command bar and i assume that the snap option goes off and on, right? is that all? because it would be perfect to find the location where i can change the keyboard shortcuts.

thanks again!

BIGAL has posted a small lisp routine. Lisp is a programming language used in AutoCAD.

I've taken the liberty of creating a file for you (see below). Download it to your Desktop. Rename the file to SNAPMO.lsp by removing the .TXT at the end of the file name.

Come back when you're finished and I'll give you the next step.

Go. Do. Return. Now.

SnapMo.lsp.txt

Start AutoCAD.

Type the command APPLOAD at the command prompt.

Browse to the location of the file and load it. Once loaded type the letters "zz" (no quotes) at the command line then press the Enter key to invoke the command. The second command in the lisp routine is invoked by typing "aa" (again, no quotes).

Well I doubt that BIGAL would post a routine that was untested. When I have a minute I'll test it myself since I am using AutoCAD 2013 as well.

Test completed successfully. Here is the proof...

Command:

Command: ZZ

Command:

Command: AA

Did you fail to remove the .TXT at the end of the file?

yes sorry my fault! it works also for me as well, but i didn't see it because i was expecting the "object snap" to go off and on, not the "snap mode" ... :s