Can I scale up a 100+ blocks at once and have each base point as the blocks insert po

wsucad

At least that way you end up with the block insertion point located somewhere sensible. The big problem is when people just use 0,0 irrespective of where their geometry suggests the insert point should be. Especially annoying if you start scaling groups of blocks using the properties palette.

BINGO!!! :thumbsup:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wsucad

• ReMark

• dbroada

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

That's funny. For many years, I created blocks without knowing the basepoint command. I would move the objects in the block so that 0,0 was the desired basepoint.

It seems to me that if you are doing this in the Block Editor, then that's exactly how it should be done. You can do the same thing in the drawing, by moving the items as you describe. However, you don't have to move them. You can simply pick the appropriate point in relation to the objects wherever they are in the drawing and it will be the 0,0 for the Block.

When in the drawing, picking the wrong insertion point, including leaving it at 0,0, irritates me no end, as do several other bad AutoCAD practices.