3D Images pixelated when printing.

mong0038

2Dwireframe is a visual style. Do you know what that is? Do you know how many different visual styles there are?

I think you are confusing the print quality with visual style. They are not synonymous.

There are six different print qualities available in AutoCAD. They are...

Draft

Preview

Normal

Presentation

Maximum

Custom

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mong0038

• ReMark

• SLW210

• mikekmx

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, I was trying to say that the print quality, even though my visual style is set to "shaded", looks a lot like 2D wire frame. If you look at the PDF above you can see. My visual style is not set to 2D wire frame though, I see where that was confusing. The quality of the PDF is poor though, and does not show any planes, only the frame of the objects. I am trying to print the planes, though, so that things like cylinders look like cylinders and not just two circles connected by two lines opposite one another. How have you gotten you print quality to be better ReMark?

the bottom four were created by setting the thickness of a circle to 4' and yes, they basically are supposed to be the holes in the ground where some concrete footings will go.

I see. Normally I would not draw the "holes in the ground" I'd draw the concrete footings or piers in this case meaning the cylinders would be filled. A circle that is extruded becomes a 3D solid.

If you used the DWG to PDF print option in AutoCAD your choice of output quality is dictated by the printer you are sending the file to. Our printer offers four settings: High Quality, Proof, Draft and Custom. I always use High Quality.

3DShadedVisStyle.jpg

This is what a Shaded visual style on my screen looks like. The output is the same when I send it to our color laserjet printer.

Hey so I have been hitting print preview all this time, never viewing the plot, and apparently the print preview was pixelated but when I plot it its fine. I apologize for wasting everyone's time. I will not be using print preview in the future.

So what you're saying is from post #2 to post #27 we've just been having a nice chat? Yikes!

Well I'm glad to hear we got that cleared up. Thanks for updating us.

Well, we eliminated many possibilities, and the only one left was ignoring the print preview at that point, if you want to look at it that way...

:D

Always the optimist I see.

You're going to bury the ends of the columns in the concrete or will they get baseplates and grout?

Indeed I am. Good question, wasn't in my scope of work because I was just looking at the beams and they load they can take plus the size of the concrete footing so that it doesn't sink. I'm going to assume this will just be buried in concrete but I really don't know.