• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• SLW210

• rkmcswain

• dbroada

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to convert Secure(*.fas) files to Lisp(*.lsp) because i use this lisp and i didnt take a backup. How i can convert it to lisp again ?

more knowledable people will be along soon but I don't think you can.

There is no option or tool available to convert *.fas files to *.lsp

And how can convert it now.all the time i need to have backup !!! I can not believe that

You would need to find a fas file de-compiler. The thing is no one here is going to tell you where to find one. Why? Because in the wrong hands it would allow someone other than the author of the code to access the intellectual property of another person. Unfortunately, in your case, the person looking for such a de-compiler would also be the author of the original code. You sort of shot yourself in the foot on this one. Sometimes we are too smart for our own good.

Just as an aside forum member rkmcswain wrote this back in 2005 based upon an experiment he conducted to decompile a fas file.

http://rkmcswain.blogspot.com/2005/10/decrypt-fas-files.html

The lesson to be learned here is quite simple. In the future store your source lisp files in a secure place so you will continue to have use of them should the need arise. Sometimes the best lessons are learned the hard way.

Does anyone else find this to be ironic or is it just me?

Edited by ReMark

question:

How, to Protect auto cad lisp?

response:

1) You can use FAS (e.g. using the vlisp-compile function).

????????

I want to convert Secure(*.fas) files to Lisp(*.lsp) because i use this lisp and i didnt take a backup. How i can convert it to lisp again ?

:popcorn:

And how can convert it now.all the time i need to have backup !!! I can not believe that

First rule of all things computer related is to have backups.

So the chances of reassembling his code are still pretty slim?

Evidently not.

Thanks a lot troggarf.... for the tool. It is not converting file to exact routine but does 80% of work.... Rest 20% we can understand :thumbsup:

Lee Mac raises a good point which from his perspective I can appreciate. We have what appears to be a unique problem though in that the author of the code is the same person who is trying to break into it. Do we help him out or let him learn a hard lesson? Hmmmm.... Where is Solomon when you need him?

Lee Mac raises a good point which from his perspective I can appreciate. We have what appears to be a unique problem though in that the author of the code is the same person who is trying to break into it. Do we help him out or let him learn a hard lesson? Hmmmm.... Where is Solomon when you need him?

If you are referring to the OP, I highly doubt he is the author of the code. Look at his previous posts:

1) they usually call someone else's code his, and when called on it he says he "forgot where it came from."

2) he asks for code to be written (rather than help) because he does not know how and doesn't have time to learn.

I have seen other instances where the OP has been chastised for his less-than-ethical behavior. I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt (maybe he changed his evil ways?) but not without making him suffer a little first. But your point is well taken. I think it should be put to a vote of the lisp guru community as to what to do in this situation. I'd abide by their decision. Thumbs UP? Or...thumbs DOWN? Which is it folks?