Enabled toolbar lost

ingeinge

Hi there

For some reason I dragged a docked toolbar (viewports) compleely "out of the screen", and the toolbar actually "disappeared". Trying to get my toolbar back I went to the toolbars menu but here the toolbar is signed as enabled and even turning it on and off doesn't get it back in place. In the drawing status bar the viewportscale is also still enabled but the actual "window" signing the scale is missing...

Did anyone try this? I thought I could make my own customized toolbar, but if someone knows how to get it back it would be very comforting!!

Thanks in advance

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• ingeinge

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Try this and see if it works.

Command: -toolbar

Enter toolbar name or [ALL]: viewports

Enter an option [show/Hide/Left/Right/Top/Bottom/Float] : L

Enter new position (horizontal,vertical) : 2,2

Did it show up on the left hand side of your AutoCAD window?

Your husband must have me confused with someone else.:lol: My answer was just a lucky guess.:shock:

Glad to hear your wayward toolbar has returned. Thanks for updating us. :)

In my desperate attempts to solve I actually managed to delete another toolbar from the toolbarmenu trying to resolve making tests with other toolbars.. (desperation leads to stupid actions!!)

is it simple bringing it back?

Thank you again :-)

I know, a very stupid thing to do... I think I thought I could "reinstall" the toolbar and then it would show up as before playing hide and seek...

:?

I don't believe you can undo that action. I think that's why AutoCAD prompts the user to confirm that they really want to delete the toolbar prior to doing so.

I think you would have to create a new Viewpoint toolbar which really isn't all that difficult. I'm assuming that you have already done this while playing around at customizing AutoCAD. Am I correct?

ViewTG_2.JPG

What your new toolbar should look like.

ViewTB_1.JPG

The commands that will be needed to populate your new View toolbar.

ViewTB_3.JPG

Your toolbar properties. They are exactly the same as the original with one exception. The Element ID for the original View toolbar was ID_TbViewpoi. Now the reason mine shows up as being grayed out is I replicated the toolbar under Partial CUI Files > Custom > Toolbars. You'll be replacing the original so maybe you'll be able to correct that. Maybe? I was unwilling to go as far as to delete my original View toolbar just to test that theory. I'll leave it in your capable hands.

How much customization have you done to this point? I ask because if it is minimal there is a way to get your original CUIx back.

Are you sure you deleted it? Try right-click in the toolbar area and see if it just needs turned on.

Try MENULOAD.

That will reset any customizations as well I believe.

Edited by SLW210

I'm not following how MENULOAD would resurrect an original toolbar that was deleted. Assuming one runs that command the loaded customization groups ACAD, CUSTOM and EXPRESS would already show up. What does one do at the point? Do you first Unload ACAD then Load it again?

CameraAdjust_TB.JPG

I'm trying to duplicate what the OP said she did using AutoCAD 2007. But in my case I deleted the Camera Adjustment toolbar. This is what I saw just before I answered "Yes".

Edited by ReMark

Hit Browse and load the appropriate .cuix in your case ACAD.cuix

You will need to unload it if it is currently loaded or you may need to load the backup file.

I'm not doing a tutorial, the steps for this should be obvious.

I wasn't looking for a tutorial. This is what I was looking for....

"You will need to unload it if it is currently loaded or you may need to load the backup file."

The backup file would only be of use if no other customizations had been made. At this time I don't know if the OP made any other tweaks to her CUIx.

Addendum:

I tested your advice (unload then load ACAD.cui) and it failed to bring back the Camera Adjustment toolbar.