How I can extrude this text in autoCad2006

wanted90

Easy words. I think you mean simple words.

I simply traced the outline of the letters that did not look correct when exploded using a polyline. I extruded the outline and subtracted where necessary.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• wanted90

• SEANT

• BIGAL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you mean you draw the line and arc in same word then you made extruded ?

and can please send to me autoCad file to see how you did that

thank remark for helping me

It really isn't that difficult to do. Create a new layer and give it a color other than white. Zoom in as close as you can to the word. Start the polyline command. Disable Orthomode and do not use your osnaps. As closely as you can trace over the outline of the letter(s) using small polyline segments. You should be able to trace the entire outline to the point where you are very nearly at the starting point. Use the Close option to finish the polyline where it began. Repeat the polyline procedure for any interior spaces. When completed you can either do a Region and Subtract followed by an Extrude or you can Extrude first then do any necessary subtraction. Either way the result should be the same.

I have to step away from my desk for about an hour. Let us know if you were successful or not.

Hi

I try do but there is a part I can't to extrude that part

can please see the files

mebbe it's because you're using 2006 you have probs...3D is a lot better catered for with 2013/14. Not sure about versions inbetween.

The drawing in your last zip file (tan1111i.dwg) looks OK to me. I do have three problems with it however.

You must be a newcomer to AutoCAD because you....

1. Place all your objects on layer 0.

2. You do not make efficient use of different layers for different entities such as a) text and b) objects.

3. You override the default layer color.

Old Autocad version try DXBout then new dwg and dxbin and extrude what comes in.

Also google TEXT2GEOMETRY this is a real nice explode text program. Just trying to remember where I found it.

Old Autocad version try DXBout then new dwg and dxbin and extrude what comes in.

Also google TEXT2GEOMETRY this is a real nice explode text program. Just trying to remember where I found it.

This has been bugging me. First, I checked both AutoCAD 2004 and 2007 and there is no DXBout command. Now you can create a DXB file but its purpose would be to convert 3D drawings into 2D drawings and works best if your drawing contains non-solids. A DXB file can be created by going through the Add Plotter Wizard.

I try do but there is a part I can't to extrude that part

can please see the files

This is because the polylines were open. There were two small lines (coloured red in the picture) which must be joined to complete the polylines. Once the polylines are complete, then you can extrude.

extrude.JPG

Didn't he solve it in post #28?

So many files to look at - must have been using the wrong part of my vari-focal lenses. Anyway, it gave me a chance to use Extrude for the first time - don't spoil my fun :D

I tried this on the OP's text but I received a fatal error. I think it might be because it is an Arabic font.

That doesn't sound good. I'd like to debug this; how should I replicate the setup.