Quick Prop Palette changed formats :(

No, you don't. You set up your TEMPLATE with the new layers and use that template as the basis of each new drawing.

I have not encountered any other people who have had the same problem.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Sbeth85

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ReMark,

There must be a misunderstanding. Nowhere on this post have I mentioned anything about layers. I'm talking about the Layers Properties Manager and the set-up of its columns (aka- I want the Color column to the left of the Name column, VPFreeze next to Freeze column, etc.)

Saving and re-saving my workspace has not helped.

Here are others threads with similar issues, no solutions yet:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2010-2011-2012/Layer-Properties-Manager-Column-Order/td-p/3104782

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2010-2011-2012/Layer-Properties-Manager-The-Saga-Continues/td-p/3388079

My advice is leave the LPM the way it was when you first started using AutoCAD. Stop moving things around and you won't have a problem. The default LPM wasn't broken so there was no need to fix it. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy. OIE

What does "OIE" mean?

I don't like the default LPM setup, hence the definition of "customization."

In any case thank you for trying.

Makes me almost nostalgic for the good old days of board drafting. Almost...but not quite.

I ran two separate tests after customizing the columns in my LPM and no matter what I did I could not force AutoCAD to change what I had done. My customizations remained intact. What am I doing differently than the OP?

Edited by ReMark