• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dana W

• RobDraw

• ReMark

• Patrick Hughes

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been using 2015 today and I must say this is the best update Autodesk has done in several years. The work flow just seems to be much snappier, especially with the new 3D back end. It also looks like we have LOD's now?

I started using the Ribbon about 6 months ago and that was initially very difficult to work with. The revelation came when I started modifying the Home tab. I ended up scrapping the original and designing my own to include everything I use while working (UCS, Views, Draw, Modify, Modeling, Solid Editing, Layers & Views, Properties, and Utilties). Once you stop hopping around to all the different tabs the ribbon becomes much better. I also enable the menu bar, which covers the rest of the lesser used functions.

EDIT: The cross-hairs are all new code also. I like how they no longer disappear when you're making a selection. They also seem to be independent from the main model area and removed from the anti-aliasing pass (which may be a large part of why it feels faster).

Very pleased so far with the update. :D

Edited by 43st

Can anyone tell me what this nonsense is and how I can get rid of it? Untitled.jpg

ETA: I'm talking about the little yellow exclamation point that's telling me that my annotation isn't associated with anything. When I click on it, it gives me the option to reassociate it or delete it. When I try to reassociate it, it asks me to give it a point, then I click, and it says "annotation not reassociated." Or some other similar hokum.

Can anyone tell me what this nonsense is and how I can get rid of it? [ATTACH=CONFIG]48083[/ATTACH]

ETA: I'm talking about the little yellow exclamation point that's telling me that my annotation isn't associated with anything. When I click on it, it gives me the option to reassociate it or delete it. When I try to reassociate it, it asks me to give it a point, then I click, and it says "annotation not reassociated." Or some other similar hokum.

This goes back further than the 2015 release.. but the command is annomonitor 0

• 2 weeks later...

Viewbase objects that have become disassociated in Autocad 2013-2014 will work in 2015! The scale will pop up as unknown, but that can be fixed, and is vastly better than losing the entire page setup. :thumbsup:

Regarding Classic, I made a video showing how to create a "Classic" workspace in AutoCAD2015.

IMO, removing the Classic workspace was just spiteful. The Ribbon is already the "Default" interface. so until they remove toolbars entirely, there's really no legitimate reason for making it difficult for users to choose between Ribbons and Toolbars.

For the record, I use the Ribbon in the vertical products and I like it just fine because the workflow in an vertical product with AEC objects is different than in a general CAD program such as "AutoCAD"

How to Create a Classic Workspace from Scratch in AutoCAD2015

Love watching your videos nestly, as always, having a hard time with screencast though, had to download it.

If you open the TOOLS link in the MENU BAR they (the toolbars, not the classic environment presets workspaces) are still available there too, same as they always were.

If you open the TOOLS link in the MENU BAR they (the toolbars, not the classic environment presets workspaces) are still available there too, same as they always were.

Yeah, however Autodesk also has the MENUBAR turned OFF by default. :) They're a little too invested in the Ribbon.... to the detriment of those who's workflow isn't best accomplished using the Ribbon.

Back on topic, I rather like 2015 overall. I think the new dark scheme is much better suited for those that use a dark drawing background, and I think performance seems a little better than the last couple of releases. Unfortunately, as with all the recent releases, more new bugs have been introduced, than the number of existing bugs that have been fixed :(

• 1 month later...

One thing about AutoCAD 2015 I noticed today that I really like is the "live preview" you get when you use the BREAK command. It takes the form of the new "highlighting" visual style (again, something I like) and gives you a preview of the first and second break points. It's subtle but very effective, especially linework that is non-orthogonal, and exceptionally well for Arc's, Circle's and Spline's.

I feel that this is long, long overdue. AutoCAD BREAK command has always been one of those tools where no matter how well you think you know it, you will have unexpected results, redoing your BREAK because of a snap, or direction, or didn't go long enough on a non-orthogonal line, etc.

Two thumbs up on this little nugget. :)

-Tannar

TF: The point is that you could not do my job using Revit. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.:P

I guess TZ will have to make a new Revit family with a pip full of smoke...

I just downloaded 2015 and will be installing it this Friday when I have come spare time. I am particularly looking forward to the lasso selection.

Yeah, lasso selection is pretty slick too. I've used it on numerous occasions but I still have to reprogram my brain to use it. I can see this particularly useful in Photoshop actually.

TF: The point is that you could not do my job using Revit. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.:P

Yeah, the assumption people make that we all do the same exact type of work and then want to apply a single solution is getting old. Yes, if doing A/E/P new work then Revit is the way to go, but...

I am working on existing control schematics this week and I can't figure out how to make them 3D, but there must be a way.

Is it bad that I don't know what Blipmode is? I think I am about to get called archaic and a whipper-snapper all in the same breath.