• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dana W

• RobDraw

• ReMark

• Patrick Hughes

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The option for a Classic AutoCAD workspace has been removed. Oh, that is going to send some users right over the proverbial cliff. Precious.

No mention of making the program more crash proof or speeding it up. I guess there wasn't enough customer demand?

Oh goodie, goodie gum drops. We get "badges". Yeah, that was big on my wish list...more badges. Can never have enough of those!

Question: For those of you who are on Subscription, do you think the new features/enhancements was worth the price?

Classic rules here too

Honestly I can count my cad crashes on 1 hand with fingers to spare in the last 3 years.
Me too. I have only had one in two years, and it was one drawing from a 2008 version, using the 2008 program, with a HUGE bloated scale list. It went Poof when I hit the Reset Scale list button. Opened it in a newer version, cleaned the scale list, problem solved.

The option for a Classic AutoCAD workspace has been removed. Oh, that is going to send some users right over the proverbial cliff.

Yes. I myself only switched from the classic workspace 6 or so months ago.

Oh goodie, goodie gum drops. We get "badges". Yeah, that was big on my wish list...more badges. Can never have enough of those!

I still don't understand what badges in AutoCad are. Sounds like something you earn on PS3 or Xbox.

Question: For those of you who are on Subscription, do you think the new features/enhancements was worth the price?

No.

Oh looky. One of the first on the list of changes is the color of the interface.

Because, you know, who WASN'T asking for THAT. ~snark mode off~

It looks crap to me. Too much like what the Mac version looks like.

Oh, incidently - I am jumping in my seat to installe Civil 2015, only because Pressure Pipes is getting some real goodies that we have waited for!

Where I work we have decided to stop using Civil 3D a while back. We'll still upgrade in due time as it is part of our package subscription although Civil 3D is only to be used now to maintain existing projects.

Darker interface, schmarker interface. What I have heard though is that it is easier to go from Dark to Light - which comes in handy for me that have black background while working but have to have white while demo/education. Haven't tried that feature yet though so can't say that it will work as I hope it will.

Why does it have to be white when teaching?

We will probably about 2016 get dragged into a upgrade because our 3rd party software has all these new features we want and no longer runs on 2013.

ARD?

Some of the stuff in CIV3d How far can you throw a pc across the room ? Editing the dtm god 20 years ago the other software we use worked properly and still does. Anyone that has tried add a dtm triangle will know what I mean, around 90% failure. Let alone some of the other bugs that were in 2011 2012 & 2013 never fixed.

It has become a bad joke. Civil 3D showed a lot of promise early on although has failed to deliver.

Meh, I see nothing to get excited about yet but I am on subscription so I'll get it when the Build. Design Suite is updated.

Agreed. I couldn't care less about the new create tab, improved help or changed colour scheme.

I can see how block galleries on the ribbon may be useful for some users although personally I probably won't use it.

Improved graphics, cursor or command lien preview don't interest me.

Model space viewport improvements sound interesting. Again probably not something I'll use much though. The other improvements don't fancy me much except for the mtext improvements. The ability to use superscript & subscript natively will help. That alone is not worth the upgrade though...

Honestly I can count my cad crashes on 1 hand with fingers to spare in the last 3 years.

It crashed more than that on me last week. Hatching, area calcs, large datasets etc cause it to fall over frequently.

The option for a Classic AutoCAD workspace has been removed. Oh, that is going to send some users right over the proverbial cliff. Precious.

Remark, from what I've read on a blog post the Classic AutoCAD has just been removed from the Workspace drop down. It can still be manually configure. I'll find the blog post if you like.

Why does it have to be white when teaching?

Only because it is more clear to see when the background is white.

Can I ask what you use instead of Civil?

Sent you a message with the details.

It also has to do with the people that still use Smartboards.

Classic rules here too

Everyone here is in classic mode as well. Why? We have company toolbars that were made a very long time ago, if it ain't broke.........

Almost everyone here is in classic mode including myself.

Thinking about it I could change as I'm 95% keyboard and the only toolbars I use now are style and layer drop downs. Most of the rest are frightened of new things!! I have encourage them all to try the ribbon and one or two of the juniors have liked it, two guys adopted it before they started here, one because it suits his work flow and one because he didn't trust Autodesk to not remove classic.

I've just started learning Revit and I have to say I'm not fond of the ribbon there either. I'll have to learn the key commands!

If we were to upgrade to 2015 is there a way I could make a custom classic like ribbon and port it round to all the people unwilling to learn or would cold Turkey be best for them?

You all must have known this day would come. I did not like the ribbon at first but knew that I should learn it as soon as I saw other programs adopting it. In fact, I'm still not fond of it at all. The ribbon is customizable but you might not want to dive into it. I've heard rumors that it might be going away. I'm not one to discourage not learning but I would wait until you find out more about the future of the ribbon before doing any heavy customization.

My theory was that if they'd kept keyboard commands for so long they wouldn't loose the toolbars unless something properly useful came along like gesturing on a touch screen or at a camera (in the distant future of course!)