• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dana W

• RobDraw

• ReMark

• Patrick Hughes

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just found something called project Morpheus for the PS4, they still look quite bulky but nowhere near as bad as those helmets from the eighties. I daresay the graphics are slightly better too!

I never got to try the old ones. Wanted to but never actually did.

The ones for the PS4 will get smaller by the time that hit the market.

I think I can understand the frustration if you're upgrading from a recent version. However, we're upgrading from AutoCAD 2006 so there's plenty of new features for me to try. Most are good, others I can do without. The ribbon is taking some getting used to (but it's not all that bad since just about every other office related product is using ribbons these days), but I'm glad it can be minimized. I'm also glad they kept the Classic View, variety is (usually) good.

Also, I still use a lot of keyboard commands.

I think I can understand the frustration if you're upgrading from a recent version. However, we're upgrading from AutoCAD 2006 so there's plenty of new features for me to try. Most are good, others I can do without. The ribbon is taking some getting used to (but it's not all that bad since just about every other office related product is using ribbons these days), but I'm glad it can be minimized. I'm also glad they kept the Classic View, variety is (usually) good.

Also, I still use a lot of keyboard commands.

You have the Classic View in 2015? Everyone else says it's gone. Maybe it is still there and undocumented?

Oh, I see what you mean now. I guess it really is gone. It was there when I was using the trial version of AutoCAD 2014 last week, I guess it stuck in my head when I typed my previous post. My mistake.

There is a kind of a workaround though, and it looks like you can create a customized classic toolbar, but I think it's a bit labor intensive.

Oh, I see what you mean now. I guess it really is gone. It was there when I was using the trial version of AutoCAD 2014 last week, I guess it stuck in my head when I typed my previous post. My mistake.

There is a kind of a workaround though, and it looks like you can create a customized classic toolbar, but I think it's a bit labor intensive.

Well. we're trying to adapt anyway. I have switched my 2009 version over to the ribbon recently. It ain't so bad.

The future is now, as they say. Arrgghh, ughhuffhuff cough cough. :shock::roll::lol:

I thought I read Classic was still available but not in the way it was before and it will be totally gone next year.
2015 is next year, ain't it?

2015 is next year, ain't it?

Not in AutoCAD. Remember that this year's release is 2015, next year will be R2016 (maybe).

If you migrate over then your workspace will still be available. If you have to create it from scratch it is pretty easy.

menubar = 1

Tools > toolbars > acad > layers

Tools > toolbars > acad > properties

Tools > toolbars > acad > standard

Tools > toolbars > acad > styles

Tools > toolbars > acad > workspaces

ribbonclose

arrange toolbars

workspace, saveas, classic

Not in AutoCAD. Remember that this year's release is 2015, next year will be R2016 (maybe).
And in new cars, it's already 2015 for some. I'm more interested in the 2015 Mustang anyway.

Can you migrate workspaces from previous versions? This might be the fastest workaround to keeping your classic views.

Can you migrate workspaces from previous versions? This might be the fastest workaround to keeping your classic views.
Yes, you can. See post #51.