2015 Publish Not Prompting for File Name

resullins

Well, that's where I started this whole endeavor. Because that's usually where I just modify my page size settings. But this time it's not working. Can I tell you how much I detest dealing with plot settings?

Also, changing it to plot to PDF in the publish dialogue box works for the prompting problem, but opened up a slew of new ones. Since I've always imported my plot settings when I'm publishing, I now have to go back and make sure that the drawings themselves have the proper page setups referenced.

I know that sounds like something I should be doing anyway... but there are a lot of legacy page setups that will have to be systematically weeded out of drawings I need to plot for a long time to come.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• resullins

• RobDraw

• nestly

• steven-g

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I so totally understand getting frustrated with plotting. It was working before and now it's not.

What is different? Did an update to Adobe change your settings?

So, were you able to find the prompt for file name option in the Adobe driver settings and was it already or is now applied to your page set ups?

The plot to PDF option uses the DWG to PDF plotter. Can you make it work and change your imported page set up to use that instead of Adobe?

There have been a lot of PDF updates since I've been doing it this way, but the problems didn't seem to coincide with that.

It is set to Prompt for File Name in the PDF Custom Settings. If I use Adobe PDF as my plotter, the Prompting works fine, but the page turns sideways, while the file doesn't. If that makes sense. Basically it plots sideways. This is the problem that popped up in 2015. No matter how I rotate my paper settings, it always goes sideways.

So I changed it from using PDF as a plotter to using DWG to PDF

If I change it to DWG to PDF, that's when it won't prompt for file name. And I can't find a setting for that in the Page Setup Manager. But when I go to publish, it's set to prompt there. So I'm really confused. If I change it o PDF in the publish dialogue box, it works... but I feel like it should still work when it's set to Plotter Named in Page setup.

Does all that make sense?

Yes, I'm on subscription. I guess I could call my reseller, huh? They're pretty helpful. It's just been a while since I've been on sub, so I'm used to coming to you guys.

No, I would not call my reseller (you may feel differently). I'd contact AutoDesk directly since this is one of the perks those on Subscription pay for. Usually you will receive a canned response saying someone will follow up with you in 24 hours or so. Depending on the nature of theproblem they may even call you in addition to emailing you. I've used this method a handful of times.

Sign in here...

http://www.autodesk.com/subscription/overview

Then file an online request for technical support.

I wouldn't bother with your Reseller, they're going to be guessing too. Log a Support request directly with Autodesk.. that's what you're paying for. Autodesk Subscription login

Don't even mention DWG to PDF, try to get them to help you use Adobe as that's clearly your preference. I can tell you that you'll have to fight them because their preference is that you use their PDF driver... don't be afraid to push back.

*edit* yes, you will get a canned response almost immediately directing you to the Autodesk forums where you may be able to resolve the problem yourself, but they will respond as soon as someone can look into your issue. They actually called me twice yesterday for an issue I logged in the morning.

Basically it plots sideways. This is the problem that popped up in 2015. No matter how I rotate my paper settings, it always goes sideways.

Why didn't you say that before?

This could be a result of paper size vs. auto-rotate vs. landscape/portrait settings.

Within the Adobe driver settings turn off auto-rotate. Also, if they aren't already, try making your page sizes with the short side first and set it to portrait, still in the Adobe driver settings. Alternatively, make the long side first and set it to landscape.

Then in the AutoCAD page set-up make page orientation landscape.

This works here but I am using a different PDF program. You may have to try different settings for those choices but I really think you have auto-rotate on in Adobe.

Oops, sorry!!!

Got in this topic late and missed that as I was scanning the posts. Still check that auto-rotate setting.

• 10 months later...

Has anyone found a fix to this problem

We are having the same issue - Had CAD working perfectly with a PDF creating program now since moving to 2015 we have had to shelve the program as it was creating very large PDF's in comparison to DWG to PDF.

But this method saves to a default location on the C:/ rather than prompting for us to save the file location

Please help!!

FWIW -

Autopublish accepts relative paths, works well with DWG to PDF (I get Arch D-size sheets @ +/- 0.25-.075 MB), and 2016 offers improved PDF drivers.

Has anyone found a fix to this problem

We are having the same issue - Had CAD working perfectly with a PDF creating program now since moving to 2015 we have had to shelve the program as it was creating very large PDF's in comparison to DWG to PDF.

But this method saves to a default location on the C:/ rather than prompting for us to save the file location

Please help!!

What suggestions from this thread have you tried?