Labelling Contours

Eoin

Working with Trimble Business Centre, I have generated a number of contour lines. When I export the file as a dxf to CAD, my 3d polylines are label-less. Would be very grateful if some one had a lisp which would enable me to just click on the lines in CAD, and the z value would appear opposite the line/ in the line. Alternatively, is it possible to create a line style that would have the lines particular elevation encompassed in the middle of it, similar to the line styles for Watermains which look something like ---WM--- etc?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eoin

• ReMark

• eldon

• Organic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have this protected lisp, saved from a very long time ago, and I can't remember what the programme was called.

If you can work out how to work it, it will produce results like this, but your contours MUST be in 3D.

CIV00029.LSP

ContourLabel.JPG

thats exactly the effect I am after Eldon. I made a mistake in my OP too, namely my contours are not 3d polylines, but ordinary polylines with an elevation set

I understand contours to be ordinary polylines, but with the appropriate z value. So the lisp should work for you. :D

I understand contours to be ordinary polylines, but with the appropriate z value. So the lisp should work for you. :D

any idea what the command prompt might be????

I believe the command name is the same as the name of the lisp file. Try it.

no, no joy... when I open the lisp in text its along the lines of: 畁潴䅃⁄剐呏䍅䕔⁄䥌偓映汩൥ᨊ颰꽵朙ↀ䰓䢰

You did not follow my directions.

APPLOAD the routine then type the name of the file CIV00029 to start the program.

If you try to load it manually, i.e. type (load "civ00029") the command line reports an error. I think that this is because it is trying to confirm a dongle is there. Ignore that message and type civ00029, and the routine starts.

Try the options to make the text face the right way up (facing up the slope).

You did not follow my directions.

APPLOAD the routine then type the name of the file CIV00029 to start the program.

excuse me if i'm doing something wrong?

1.jpg

2.jpg

You have been instructed (twice) to type CIV00029 (at the command line) to start the program. Please follow the instructions. Thank you.

One would think this to be obvious.

haha, hey I know its Friday an all, but seriously, I have followed those instructions and I keep getting the error, unknown command up as per the second pic above. what I think is wrong is that when I open the lisp to look at the code it has a lot of symbols (see pic) unlike any other lisp I have used to date (for example the other pic). this cant be right surely?

3.jpg

4.jpg

Please stop what you are doing. There is no need to open and look at the code. It is meaningless to you.

Open your drawing. Invoke the APPLOAD command. Load the lisp program. AutoCAD will tell you that it has been successfully loaded.

Go to your command line. Type: CIV00029 and press the Enter key. Follow the command line prompts.

Are we clear now? Yes or no?

Please stop what you are doing. There is no need to open and look at the code. It is meaningless to you.

Open your drawing. Check Invoke the APPLOAD command. Check Load the lisp program. AutoCAD will tell you that it has been successfully loaded. Check

Go to your command line. Check Type: CIV00029 and press the Enter key. Check Follow the command line prompts. Command: civ00029

Unknown command "CIV00029". Press F1 for help.

Are we clear now? Yes or no?

I fully understand what you are trying to get me to do, its the same process for all the lisps ive used to date... I am trying to tell you it aint working and trying to get to the bottom of why this is the case!