AutoCAD P&ID properties

dford62

Hello,

Is it possible to set up a project so that when a new instrument is placed the user is automatically prompted for details of the properties which complete the Instrument List Report?

Thanks for any help.

I am using P&ID. Right now I am able to fill in the fields while assigning properties to the tag buy obviously this results in a tag with too many characters.

I'm afraid I still can't answer as I don't use ACAD P&ID but I thought it should be mentioned. In electrical you have a "data sheet" to fill in each time you add an instrument - I assumed P&ID was similar.

We have a few people here who use P&ID so hopefully one of those will be along with an answer for you soon.

hi Dford62

i fear, the precise thing you want here, needs to be program for it to work right.

however are you familar with the Data Manager in AutoCAD P&ID? :)

and what kind of infomation, are looking for to add to your symbol? is it the same infomation to the same symbol everytime or?

Hi Jach,

I am not hugely familiar with any part of P&ID to be honest. Is the data manager the same as the project manager?

The information I am looking to add includes quite specific fields such as "Elec Scale/ Range" "Mech Scale/ Range" "Set Point Reading" and "Gas Suction"

I would like these fields to be available for every type of instrument. If this has to be done manually for each type then that is fine.

Thanks for any help.

Nope :) the Data manager is an good tool for editing "fields" within your project.

lets say, you have a engineer there wants to add some info. to your PID. but he dont have the program or not really known in the program.

you can export an excel sheet out and send it to him where he can fill in the missing infomation. when he is done he just save it and you import it into your program and it fill go into the fields in your symbols.

This guy here, explain it better how it works:

its not direct what you are looking for i know, but still works very well when get used to work with it like this :)

The big question is have you ever tried editing in the project settings before?

as it is there we need to add your "Elec Scale/ Range" "Mech Scale/ Range" "Set Point Reading" and "Gas Suction" so there will show up in the sheets.