Desktop Specs

DonovanPorter

Did you or did you not disable the CommCenter?

Have you tried temporarily disabling your antivirus software? Some programs are very aggressive and will target AutoCAD .dll files for no clearly definable reason.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DonovanPorter

• ReMark

• f700es

• RobDraw

Top Posters In This Topic

The OP stated previously that all five CAD computers are experiencing the same problem. While I could understand a problem with bad RAM in one computer what is the likelihood that all five systems have a bad RAM module?

All true but I have worked on larger files with much less of a computer (Athlon II x4, 6gb ram and GT430 video) at home without issue so something else is going on, imho. Perhaps a junky template file is the culprit.

CommCenter has not been disabled.

i have not tried disabling the antivirus. id have to try that.

let me first disable the CommCenter.

One other thing you could do is turn off some of the "bells and whistles" that come automatically enabled with Windows 7. And you can disable Windows indexing while you are at it. This will slow down any hard disk file searches using Explorer but I don't see it as being a real detriment.

Have you checked for viruses and/or spyware using a third-party application? Yes, I know, you're running an antivirus program to begin with but perhaps something slipped through. Running an independent check might turn up something.

Have you run the Performance Troubleshooter. See Control Panel > System and Security > Check for performance issues.