Dimension formula

Big Al, not to be a pain in the butt, but can you expand on how to use the lisp file? I've saved it, run appload and tried to use it, but not quite sure how. I've tried quite a few different ways but without reliable results.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steelcom

• Dadgad

• RobDraw

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BIGAL is probably gone for the day as it is about 10 or 11:00 pm, if I am not mistaken, where he lives in Australia.

He'll be back on in the morning though.

If you want to learn about lisp, or access any of Lee's very generously offered lisps, you should definitely check out the following link to Lee Mac's incredible website.

http://www.lee-mac.com/index.html

Thanks Lee! :beer:

The code is only say the 1st part in about 4 steps of coding, it seemed to make sense to me that you wanted the size of a panel that fitted within a certain area minus 1/2". ps I work in metric. If you draw a sq 10x10 feet or metric appload the lisp even paste it direct to the command line, it asks for a point just pick in middle of the 10x10 sq a 2.5 offset object will appear. I turned off a number of layers in your drawing to get what I thought was the required panel area, it must be a enclosed area a "U" will not work the Bpoly is an Autocad command Boundary polygon so works basicly for any internal shape including curves. I drew 9 panels in 1.5 secs as fast as I could pick.

Next 5 steps of coding

work out from rectang the length and width

the 2 points for the new dims

erase the bpoly no longer required

draw the dims or lines or both its up to you on correct layer

pick next location

The white squares are on layer 0 they represent your 1/2" inwards change the value 2.5 in the code to 0.25 that was just for me testing I changed the drawing units to feet and 0.25 gives 1/4" egde.

panels2.jpg

I am not sure that I have isolated the correct panel areas that is something you need to look at. Is it meant to work from the middle of the double lines etc ?