Proxy Graphics Problems

starkey92

Hi,

I have been using AutoCAD 2012 for a few years now (only just today upgraded to 2016) but for the past 6 months or so, any drawings that I create in AutoCAD cause this "proxy graphics" window to come up for my colleague.

We have both been using AutoCAD 2012 LT and as I said, it has only been happening in the past 6 months or so. Before that it was fine which makes it unusual. Also, there is nothing on the drawing which is missing when he opens it and it has all entirely been created on the same program on a different PC (drawing border, logo & all). This happens for every single drawing that I create!

The other weird thing is, I created our drawing borders & it happens when he opens the CAD blank template drawing too, but it never used to happen!

Does anybody have any ideas?

Please help,

Liam

Hi,

I have been using AutoCAD 2012 for a few years now (only just today upgraded to 2016) but for the past 6 months or so, any drawings that I create in AutoCAD cause this "proxy graphics" window to come up for my colleague.

We have both been using AutoCAD 2012 LT and as I said, it has only been happening in the past 6 months or so. Before that it was fine which makes it unusual. Also, there is nothing on the drawing which is missing when he opens it and it has all entirely been created on the same program on a different PC (drawing border, logo & all). This happens for every single drawing that I create!

The other weird thing is, I created our drawing borders & it happens when he opens the CAD blank template drawing too, but it never used to happen!

Does anybody have any ideas?

Please help,

Liam

There may be some garbage in you blank template. Have you purged and checked your xrefs? I frequently see xrefs left over from unassociated project hanging out in drawings. Perhaps 6 months ago you accidentally saved some garbage into your file. You can try to have you colleague copy the drawing from the template and stick it into a new file and it might stop the notices.