• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• jff189

• RobDraw

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi ReMark I have now downloaded the latest version of Autocad lt 2016 trial version hopefully save the drawings I have done in autocad using the plot to Pdf. is there any chance you can talk me through stage by stage from setting up the page to plotting it to Pdf please?

Here are the Dwgs I need in Pdf

Whoa! I was under the impression you only had the one drawing. I wasn't aware there were six more. I honestly don't have the time right now to start reworking each one.

Are you at all familiar with layouts and the use of viewports in a layout?

Creating the PDF file is easy; AutoCAD will do that. Your problem is the scaling issue which I believe I addressed in my version of your first drawing using a layout and a viewport.

When do you need to have this done by?

I've attached another drawing for you.

GreenHouseFirstFloor - metric.dwg

I had to tweak it a bit as far as the title block goes to get it to fit on the same size paper as the front elevation.

I would really like it done by Monday so I can get my planning application in it takes 8 weeks here for approval then I can start building/converting the barn.

I will continue trying to learn about layouts and viewpoints over the next couple of days, but have to dash and go and collect my daughter from school.

I will continue trying to learn about layouts and viewpoints over the next couple of days, but have to dash and go and collect my daughter from school.

I guess we'll talk later then. Travel safely.

Another drawing attached.

GreenHouseGrdFloor - metric.dwg

Edited by ReMark

The last of the individual drawings is attached.

GreenHouseSW Face - metric.dwg

There is only one drawing I passed over and it was the one that had both floor plans and all four elevations. If I set it up at the same paper size and scale as all the rest of the drawings it would be too small to read.

Now you're wondering what to do next? Pretty easy. You're going to start the Plot command and in the plot window where it says Printer/plotter > Name: you're going to select DWG To PDF.pc3. Next select your Plot style in the upper right hand corner. Leave everything else as is. Click on the Preview button. If everything looks to be in order go ahead and print.

When you click on the OK button a window will appear that looks like this:

Plot to PDF.PNG

AutoCAD wants to know where to save the file. It automatically names the PDF for you. If you don't like the naming convention you can change it. Then click the Save button. AutoCAD will create the PDF and the program you are using to read PDF's should open automatically and display the drawing. Now you can actually print it.

That's it. Good luck.

Hi,

Had to go and see customer yesterday just got back. Seems like you have been very busy thank you so much. I have saved all files to PDF now.

You have been exceptionally helpful and I am enormously grateful for all your work, help, advice and tips.

Once again thank you

Cheers

Damian