Draft Sight 2D - missing command prompt

jim007

Hi, I use the above. I've opened it today and the Command Prompt is missing..?? ;) Not the command box, I can open and close that to my heart's content, but the actual prompt itself. Any ideas?? Thanks :)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jim007

• f700es

• ReMark

• Cad64

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you have the Properties window open? If so right click on the grey area near where it says "Properties". You should get a box where you can check on Command Window.

Sean

Since this is not an Autocad question, I have moved this thread to the Design Software section: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?22-Design-Software

I wonder if it's time to create a new section for other CAD software such as Bricscad and Draftsight? Or maybe create dedicated forums for each program? Just a thought.

I opened up DraftSight, and the command prompt is at the bottom of the Command window, and is shown by the colon. My version does not have the word 'Prompt'.

CommandPrompt-DraftSight.PNG

jim007: Do NOT reinstall.

Here you go. Options > System Options > Display > Command window text > Command line text. Type in the word Prompt (no colon), click on Apply then OK. Return to drawing to verify it worked.

Think I'll do a reinstall - might have got 'buggy'. Thanks Sean

Sorry I wasn't much help Jim. I was sort of stabbing in the dark. I have latest version installed but could not replicate your issue. I just don't use it much. I hope you get it sorted. :)

Sean

Sorry I wasn't much help Jim. I was sort of stabbing in the dark. I have latest version installed but could not replicate your issue. I just don't use it much. I hope you get it sorted. :)

Sean

No worries mate.

jim007: Do NOT reinstall.

Here you go. Options > System Options > Display > Command window text > Command line text. Type in the word Prompt (no colon), click on Apply then OK. Return to drawing to verify it worked.

Thanks ReMark but no nothing happens.

Thanks ReMark but no nothing happens.

Sorry, but I find that difficult to believe.

The default display is just a plain colon without the word Prompt.

Why? Do you have the money to rent it on a monthly or yearly basis?

From the Draftsight Help file....

Draftsight options command line text.JPG

BTW...I have DS on my computer as it is what we have our engineering interns use. I did test the above procedure, three times, and it does work.