Spline Dynamic Block with Arrowhead

lunbryd

I am attempting to create a Dynamic Block for electrical home runs that behaves similarly to home runs in Revit. Essentially it is a Spline with (3) Control Vertices and an Arrowhead at opposite end from the Basepoint. I have created the Dynamic block to include the desired visible elements and I've gotten the Spline to behave correctly using Stretch Actions. The only problem I am having is that I can't get the Arrowhead to follow the end of the Spline correctly. I would like it to "bend around" with the Spline but it wants to stay at a fixed angle. If anyone can point me in the right direction (pun intended) or modify the attached example of my Dynamic Block, that would be appreciated.

Also, I am aware there is an Mleader Style that utilizes a Spline instead of a straight line. However, the Spline is based on Fit Points instead of Control Vertices and simply does not behave the way we need it to, thus the reason for the Dynamic Block.

HOME-RUN.dwg

• 3 weeks later...

I created something similar recently... you can take a look. I would try to figure yours out, but when I open the file and run TEST BLOCK, the stretch points are not even close to the actual geometry, and when I try to insert it, it gives me an error that it references itself. So you may have a problem there. 

_PM LEADER.dwg

This is what it looks like in Block Editor. So I'm guessing your stretch frames aren't accurately grabbing your stuff. 

image.thumb.png.8cae77fc2c137612176a70f784252e25.png

Most of my home runs have to include a trio of lines perpendicular to the home run which denotes concealed conduit.

Do any of these solutions have an option for that additional symbology?

ChriS

13 hours ago, ammobake said:

Most of my home runs have to include a trio of lines perpendicular to the home run which denotes concealed conduit.

Do any of these solutions have an option for that additional symbology?

ChriS

Yeah, the dynamic actions will operate as many objects simultaneously as you like if you set them up right.