Dynamic block - Horizontal text and stretch constraints

andrea-alfiere

Hi all!

I came out with a problem in the last days, which I wasn't able to solve at all.

It's about the creation of a dynamic block of a door, which features stretch, move, polar stretch and rotate commands. I reviewed, with great benefit, already several blogs, but this problem has a different issue which I hadn't found discussed yet.

The main problem I am experiencing is how to keep the door tag horizontally, while rotating the door (problem which I solved), meanwhile (the Tag) it must stay fixed in the middle of the opening, even when I am scaling the door (problem which I haven't solved).

I am attaching three blocks:
1) DOORTAG_0 is the main file I created with all the features I would like to keep for the door (it lacks, basically only of the possibility to be rotated)
2) DOORTAG_1 is a first attempt about how to solve the problem (it is possible to rotate the door keeping the text horizontally but impossible to keep it in the centre when scaling)
3) DOORTAG_2 a second attempt which I solved with polar stretch. However this structure of commands doesn't allow me to properly scale the door.

If someone could check this issue, or have a look at my file, it would be so much appreciated, and surely of great help.

Thousands thanks in advance,
Andrea.

DOORTAG_0.dwg DOORTAG_1.dwg DOORTAG_2.dwg

Edited by andrea-alfiere

• andrea-alfiere changed the title to Dynamic block - Horizontal text and stretch constraints