How do you share files externally?

pixel8er

Hi everyone

Just wondering what you all use to share files with your clients and external consultant team?

I'm looking for something more professional than email, WeShare, Dropbox, etc and less extensive than Newforma Project Centre.

What are the options?

Thanks

Paul

You might want to consider Etransmit, which is an Autocad functionality.

It is highly configurable, if you click into the modify settings dialog.

image.thumb.png.69e455255cc4e1702ca5e157340ed6b1.png

Thanks Dadgad. We do use etransmit already. It's the next step - sharing the file with others external to the business that I'm asking about.

Edited by pixel8er
Correct spelling

I don't use it much these days, but we have Box for that purpose here. Autodesk has DRIVE, you might look at that as well.

We use WeTransfer.

Up to 2GB with the free version, available for download for a week.

The paid version let's you send up to 20GB at a time, and it doesn't expire after a week.

Lots of options how you choose to set it up.

On 4/7/2021 at 6:15 PM, SLW210 said:

I don't use it much these days, but we have Box for that purpose here. Autodesk has DRIVE, you might look at that as well.

Thanks @SLW210 I'll have a look at Box and I guess Dropbox as well. Will look at Autodesk Drive and also just found out I have access to Autodesk Docs as part of my AEC Collection subscription.

11 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Wetransfer is another. Downloaded like 250Mb file.

Thanks @BIGAL we are currently using the free version of WeTransfer. 

4 hours ago, Dadgad said:

We use WeTransfer.

The paid version let's you send up to 20GB at a time, and it doesn't expire after a week.

Thanks @Dadgad will check out the paid version. I think the concern with the free version was security and also how it looked (couldn't brand it with logo)

We don't need the paid version, but it is pretty reasonable,

and the configurability looked quite good when I checked it out.   :|

• 2 years later...

File type, method, and recipient determine external file sharing. Dropbox or Google Drive are usually used to distribute files outside.

These services let you upload files to a cloud storage platform and distribute links. Email, instant messaging, and FTP also allow file sharing.

If the file is sensitive, utilize SFTP or Digiboxx, which may be found at https://digiboxx.com/knowledge-center/cross-functional-and-external-file-sharing-with-digiboxx/.