how to rotate an item

davenutron

Every time I try to copy the item I want to paste it ontop of the original but the curser jumps around so when I try to paste it down I cant get it onto the same possition any idea what I can try to past onto the same spot?

Do you understand the concepts of grips and snaps? Every object has a set of points, for instance the ends of a line, that are grips. You can grip the end of a line and move it to another location. You can snap to the end of a line, so it's easier to connect two lines together.

53 minutes ago, davenutron said:

Every time I try to copy the item I want to paste it ontop of the original but the curser jumps around so when I try to paste it down I cant get it onto the same possition any idea what I can try to past onto the same spot?

Do you have SNAP enabled? Try hitting F9 to turn SNAP off and see if your cursor stops jumping around.

Are you working in 2D or 3D?  It would help if you posted in the correct forum.  Most of your questions have pertained to working in 3D.  Is that the case here as well?

Edited by ReMark

4 hours ago, davenutron said:

Just curious as to why you titled this thread "how to rotate an item" but ask about copying an object using snaps?   

What happened to the Blender project? Now you're back in Autocad trying to copy and rotate objects? It would help if you pick one program, and one project, and stick with it until the end. All this jumping around isn't going to get you anywhere.

The item is in 3d. I have managed to copy and paste the item onto the same spot using f9 key. The item is rotating on the x y plane, I dont know what plane I need maybe the z plane. Any idea how to get it rotating differently.

3 hours ago, davenutron said:

The item is in 3d. I have managed to copy and paste the item onto the same spot using f9 key. The item is rotating on the x y plane, I dont know what plane I need maybe the z plane. Any idea how to get it rotating differently.

Upload and attach a copy of the drawing to your next post and someone here will take a look at it.

18 minutes ago, davenutron said:

I cannot print screen what are my other options for a picture?

Did I say, "attach an image"?  No, I did not.  Please attach a copy of your drawing.

What's taking so long?

Edited by ReMark

4 minutes ago, davenutron said:

I cannot do so because its an unpatented invention

Nobody here is going to steal your "unpatented invention".  Stop playing games and just upload the drawing.  If you had done so the first time I asked, then you would have had an answer by now.  Note: it does not have to be the whole drawing.  It could be just the object(s) you are having trouble with.  

Edited by ReMark

4 hours ago, davenutron said:

If you want to rotate a 3D object you should be using the 3DROTATE command.

I expect the OP's next post to read, "How do you use 3DRotate?"  Possible sources for answers to this question are... AutoCAD Help file, YouTube videos and/or an aftermarket book about AutoCAD.

Edited by ReMark

7 minutes ago, ReMark said:

I expect the OP's next post to read, "How do you use 3DRotate?"  Possible sources for answers to this question are... AutoCAD Help file, YouTube videos and/or an aftermarket book about AutoCAD.

Or they could just click the text in my post.

I suspect this person is just playing games. I don't think they're serious about any of this and I'm starting to doubt if they even have Autocad or Blender installed. First they had a deadline for the toothbrush model in Autocad which they just gave up on, then they wanted to 3D print a Jeep in Blender, now they're back in Autocad working on an "unpatented invention". They're all over the place. I think it's time that they prove they're actually doing something. Post some screenshots or provide some files so we can see what you're doing.

I know the answer!  The OP's "unpatented invention" is a box shaped, electric toothbrush that can be used in a 3D printable car!  Yeah, I win.  What's my prize?  LOL!

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, davenutron said:

I cannot print screen what are my other options for a picture?

Why can't you print screen? What is the problem? Please elaborate.

Other options:

1. Use the Snipping Tool https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots-00246869-1843-655f-f220-97299b865f6b

2. Take a picture of your screen with your phone

I would discourage taking, and posting, a picture using one's phone as it produces a moire' affect.  Use the Snipping tool, it produces much clearer images.