I NEED HELP URGENTLY

Adrian J

'm a 16 y/o attempting the AutoCAD course with Penn Foster. I need to get the 5 projects out of the way in 2 weeks. This is mission impossible. There is already great advice here for it but most of the media is unaccessible. My Instagram is a_jxdnarine and my Facebook is Adrian Judnarine. Please someone I need help and I cannot afford to fail. I don't know how the solutions for the 4 projects besides Oleson Village look. Please!!!

ReMark will be along shortly, once he's had his coffee. He's our resident PF expert. Good luck with your projects.

Welcome to the forum!

• Agree 1

"I don't know how the solutions for the 4 projects besides Oleson Village look. Please!!!"

By that you mean you want to see how each page of each project will look when finished?  Hmmm.... sounds a bit unusual shall we say?

Edited by ReMark

Yes sir I'd like to see how they look when completed. Also what scale should I use for Oleson's Village? Sorry if I'm asking for alot it's just that I'm on a tight schedule. 

The Oleson Village site plan should have a scale of 1"=50'.  By my count there is a minimum of 16 drawings, not counting the one for Oleson Village, that you would have to create assuming the projects that I have on my CAD computer match the projects you have been assigned.  There is no guarantee the projects have remained exactly the same.  That does not include the elective project which has 4 additional drawings.  Drawing categories are Oleson Village, Structural, Civil, Electrical, HVAC and Elective.  Thus, the total could well reach 20 drawings.  You don't need help urgently... you need a miracle if you wanted to complete the task within the timeframe you have stated.  Do you already possess sufficient AutoCAD experience enough to create that many drawings in the allotted time you have given yourself?  Explain to me how you create one such drawing if I were to supply the image you require.  I'm suitably intrigued.

Edited by ReMark

Good Day Mr. ReMark. Thanks for the response, I really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to communicate 🙏. I do have previous some AutoCAD experience, I used it for an exam at school (CSEC Technical Drawing - Building Option) and I did complete 2 small jobs with it before for my Uncle. I do understand that the time frame is looking very interesting. I'm not sure how the projects may have changed in previous years but I'm hoping they're still the same (this is a gamble). What's the elective project about? I never saw anything pertaining to that on the grading report. If I have to pull extremely late nights to complete the course and get the certificate then no problem, once I can finish the task at hand on time. There is a possibility that I could apply for a 2 week extension of the project submissions but I'm not eager to dive into that. I will if I have to tho. I would've tended to this course earlier but I just finished a series of exams for school and I had to take a break from this course to focus on them.

Well, here is a test for you then.  Penn-Foster - Structural discipline - Plate 1.  Ready... Set... CAD!  You have until tomorrow (Saturday) 3:00 pm Eastern Standard Time.

Structural - Plate 1.png

Edited by ReMark

Hey Mr. ReMark. How's it going? I just got a courtesy extension for the course for free and its 3 months. But I'm still gonna try and knock this out well before the deadline. Thanks for the image. I'll get working Sir.

Penn Foster portal is down and I'm not seeing the plate details in my Civil Drafting course. Where did you find the instructions for the drawings sir?

5 hours ago, Adrian J said:

Penn Foster portal is down and I'm not seeing the plate details in my Civil Drafting course. Where did you find the instructions for the drawings sir?

Some time ago, while assisting another student I asked if they could share a copy of the project PDF file with me and the student emailed me a copy.  But that was in 2011.  So, going back to what I said previously, I don't know if the project instructions remained the same or were updated.  I do know that Penn-Foster updated the project instructions for the Oleson Village project after I pointed out errors, omissions and misinformation in the text.

• Like 1

Good Day Sir. I talked to the Penn Foster Customer support and the lady said that for the AutoCAD Course there are 7 projects total. I thought there were 6

It's possible they have added a new project of which I am unaware.  Once you get the project PDF file (or files) you'll know for sure.

Edited by ReMark

Hey Mr. ReMark, Sorry for being out of touch recently. I just moved to Connecticut with my family and we're still shopping and settling in. Might have to take a trip down to NY soon to visit long time family but I'll resume drawing shortly. The extended deadline is a bit more flexible with me now but it's gonna take alot more drawing before I can knock these out of the park. 

The projects are locked to 2 courses at a time. So currently 3 projects are open and I have to finish one course before I move unto the Electrical/HVAC course. 

Where in Connecticut?  I used to live in New Britain which is about 7 miles southwest of Hartford.  Worked in Norwalk.

3 hours ago, Adrian J said:

What did you work as if you don't mind me asking?

Well, let's see.  I started out at a consulting environmental firm working on wastewater pumping stations, sanitary sewers and force mains.  Then I was lured away by a specialty chemical company that was a client of ours.  My primary focus was process piping and instrumentation diagrams, process flow diagrams and block diagrams.  I also created a multi-use site pan depicting all underground utilities, individual building layouts of plant process buildings, tank farms, research facilities, offices and warehouses.  I drew electrical schematics for the electrical department and structural drawings for the welding department.  And then there was all the 3D work I did.  Everything from additions to existing buildings, to reactors, storage tanks, loading arms, platforms, stairs, handrails, and various structural steel supports.  I'm sure I forgot a few things but that's the bulk of it.  I have worked in the fields of civil, structural, highway design, hydro-geologic, industrial and municipal wastewater treatment, electrical and architectural at one time or another.

• Like 1

WOAH! That is so cool Mr. ReMark! I really find that inspirational and I'm very interested in what you do. I have quite a few questions but I think they may be personal so not ideal to discuss them there. Is there any other way that we can communicate privately? I have Whatsapp, Instagram, Facebook, Discord, and Telegram. I am contemplating pursuing a career that contains a ton of drafting and engineering.