Mystery X's

bean

Somehow a setting was changed on my Autocad and now every time I draw or move an object it leaves these pink X's. The X's are made up of 2 sets of 3 lines intersecting. The X's are also different sizes. How do I turn these off??

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• bean

• xenspidey

• JoeC

Top Posters In This Topic

that...that is odd. I don't believe I'e eer seen any markers like that produced by AutoCAD before. Do you have any third party software (add-ons, etc.) installed?

I've been there.

I believe those are most likely empty text entities.

Set "qtextmode" to 1 and see if they turn into rectangles. If they do, you should be able to pick and erase.

If this doesn't do, zoom out, select all ("select" "all"), and remove everything you can see that you want, leaving the area of these mystery entities. You should then be able to "erase" "p" (for previous) and they should be gone.

Purge drawing.

just tried the qtext mode and that didn't work. this is a valid AC 2007 version. i work in an office that buys real versions so i don't think i have any add-ons or anything like that. they started appearing about 3 weeks ago when i opened a drawing that was not ours or really old. and the X's started to appear when i draw lines or move stuff around. i purged because i thought it was just in one drawing but it's in every drawing i open. the weird part is the x's don't really relate to any endpoint or midpoint of any object. it seems to have a completely random placement. i'm going to keep trying other things to see what happens.

answers to your questions: they do not plot. just tried wblock- if i select just the x's they do not qualify as objects. and i unchecked the node box in osnap and it's still there.

haha this is hilarious.

thanks again for all your suggestions. these are truly mystery x's. :)