Mystery X's

bean

Are any of your layer's turned of, if so this may be it - turn them all on, see if you can select one of the "X's" if you can then see if it's a block.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• bean

• xenspidey

• JoeC

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at the images. It appears that the program being used is not plain vanilla 2007 it is Architectural Desktop 2007. Maybe that has some bearing on what you are seeing. I still think they are markers of some kind.

I now have another theory.

Perhaps they are annotative objects. To unlock them run the audit command. When prompted by AutoCAD to Fix any errors detected? [Yes/No] : accept the default of "No". Yeah, I know, it doesn't make sense but do it anyway. If the "X's" were annotative objects doing this simple step will then unlock them. You can prevent locking annotative objects by clicking on Tools > Options > Open & Save tab and in the top left hand section under File Save find and uncheck the box for Maintain visual fidelity for annotative objects. Just don't share the drawing with anyone using a version of AutoCAD prior to 2007.

I looked at the images. It appears that the program being used is not plain vanilla 2007 it is Architectural Desktop 2007. Maybe that has some bearing on what you are seeing. I still think they are markers of some kind.

I've used ADT2007, never run into those markers before. Another approach. What sort of drawing was the outside drawing you opened which began this mystery? For example, was it a plot plan?

This has come up in another NG but I can't remember the answer. Might have something to do with MAP and geo markers of some type. I usually make a note of these unique things in a file for later extraction but I didn't on this one. Not much help I know.

• 2 weeks later...

the file that i opened was not a plot plan. it was an autocad file with building details- if that's what you mean. there were a lot of symbols in it so maybe something from there triggered these. i tried the audit command and then went to options to uncheck maintain visual fidelity but the box doesn't exist. i agree that they are some kind of marker as well. my search for the answer isn't over! :)

Well thanks for the update. I've run out of ideas at the moment so my participation in this thread is at an end. Let's us know if you figure it out. Good luck.

the file that i opened was not a plot plan. it was an autocad file with building details- if that's what you mean. there were a lot of symbols in it so maybe something from there triggered these. i tried the audit command and then went to options to uncheck maintain visual fidelity but the box doesn't exist. i agree that they are some kind of marker as well. my search for the answer isn't over! :)

Can you post the file?

//Tobias

• 1 year later...

I realize this is a very old post however i was wondering if anyone might have found a solution yet? i have a coworker who has this same issue and cannot find anything that can reproduce them or fix the problem. Again i apologize for reviving such an old thread.

• 2 weeks later...
Could you stick your file to this page?

I'm not sure what good that would do, it happens on any file. It only happens on one users computer though.

Do the mystery marks disappear when a REGEN is done?

They do not disappear with REGEN. occasionally they will shift on the drawing if you're zoomed out and to a REGEN.

Could you provide us with a better description of these mystery items or post a screen shot?

One user has the problem on his computer only. The same file opened on anyone else's computer does not exhibit the problem. Please confirm.

Could you provide us with a better description of these mystery items or post a screen shot?

I was looking for the screen shot that was posted in this thread earlier because it was the same issue... but that appears to have been taken down. I will post a screen shot next chance i get.

One user has the problem on his computer only. The same file opened on anyone else's computer does not exhibit the problem. Please confirm.

correct, this only affects one user. All i can think of is graphical hardware glitch.