• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Enigma

• adeebulrehman

• SLW210

I was just having some fun with nestly. I think you should download DWG Trueview (it has a conversion feature) and have it handy for such situations in the future. Nestly might not be available to change the file format when you need it the most.

I used TrueView until I discovered that it was simply dropping some object types (C3D) without logging any conversion errors. TrueView displayed the objects fine, but they were missing from the converted .dwg. ....caused me a lot of headaches because I was working with incomplete drawings. That was 2009, so they may have fixed it, but now I make sure the conversion is done with the same product the drawing was created in.

I used TrueView until I discovered that it was simply dropping some object types (C3D) without logging any conversion errors. TrueView displayed the objects fine, but they were missing from the converted .dwg. ....caused me a lot of headaches because I was working with incomplete drawings. That was 2009, so they may have fixed it, but now I make sure the conversion is done with the same product the drawing was created in.

Thats the price you pay to Autodesk for not upgrading. Even C3D doesn't save down to earlier version of C3D very well.

I was informing adeebulrehman, so in the future he can convert his own files. DWG TruView needs Object Enablers just like AutoCAD. He is using AutoCAD 2006, if he had access to AutoCAD 2011 he could have converted them himself. :?