Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

As I state in the header, I found the AutoCAD dimension "MARK" to be less than useful, so over the years I have used my own, eventually writing some LISP, as well as having found the mentioned LISP by alanjt. I really don't care for mucking around with the new CENTERMARK either.

 

Thought I might as well share it, some may find it handy.

 

;;; Replace Diameter/Radius dimension CenterMarks with two CENTER2 linetype lines.
;;;
;;; https://www.cadtutor.net/forum/topic/99350-center-mark-replacement/#findComment-680408
;;;
;;; By SLW210 (a.k.a. Steve Wilson)
;;;
;;;| Since AutoCAD in there infinite wisdom makes the default dimdia and dimrad center marks useless
     by not allowing them to be associated by other dimensions and not allowing an individual color and linetype
     I came up with this little routine. Much faster, it was using some commands, I went to removing commands.
     I used to get rid of the default the drew a centermark and copied from center to center, a bit tedious at best.

     I started with this from Alan J Thompson, so thanks to him.
    ================================================================
     Turn off the centermark for diameter and radius dimensions

     https://www.cadtutor.net/forum/topic/18792-request-routint-to-turn-off-center-mark-for-single-entity/#findComment-153451

     By alanjt|;
;;;
;;; ================================================================
;;; ================================================================
;;; CtrMrkRep.lsp
;;;
;;; Replace Diameter/Radius dimension center marks with
;;; two CENTER2 linetype lines.
;;;
;;; 
;;; AutoCAD 2018-2026 should work as well as BricsCAD and others.
;;;
;;; ================================================================
;;; ================================================================
;;; Original dimensions are retained.
;;;
;;; Replacement geometry:
;;;   Layer    : CenterMark
;;;   Color    : ByLayer
;;;   Linetype : ByLayer
;;;   Layer Color    : ACI 5 (Blue)
;;;   Layer Linetype : CENTER2
;;;
;;; Modes:
;;;   Select         - manually selected DIMDIAMETER/DIMRADIUS
;;;   Current        - all such dimensions in current Model/Layout space
;;;   All            - all such dimensions in all paperspace layouts
;;;
;;; Associated dimension center marks:
;;;   Disabled using ActiveX acCenterNone.
;;;
;;; Duplicate centers:
;;;   Only one centerline cross is created for each unique center
;;;   within each Model/Layout space.
;;; ================================================================

 

 

 

CtrMrkRep.lsp

Posted

When you mention dimension mark I assume you’re referring to AutoCADs original DIMCENTER command which I agree is quite useless. But I do think the number of commands beginning with the word center introduced back in 2017 were a lot more useful since finally the “marks” can now be made associatively to the objects selected. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...