Thoughts on dual monitor setup

Currahee

Where does your mouse exit the screen? Right or left? Can you change this? It always wants to exit on the right of my primary screen and I would like to change that.

I know I am a little late, but maybe this will help you.

Right Click on your desktop and go to properties.

Click on the settings tab.

Click the display on the right.

With your arrow keys, move the screen all the way up, then to the left, then down.

Click OK and see if that helps.

move display.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Currahee

• The Buzzard

• Patrick Hughes

• Jack_O'neill

With your arrow keys, move the screen all the way up, then to the left, then down.

Cool, I would never have thought to do that. I will try that

Thanks

It worked....something so simple...wow

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if its possible to have two drawings open, each in it's own monitor? We work with a lot of xrefs in our office so this would be extremely helpful. I'm not sure if its already been discussed in this thread but I didn't see anything.

Does anyone know if its possible to have two drawings open, each in it's own monitor? We work with a lot of xrefs in our office so this would be extremely helpful. I'm not sure if its already been discussed in this thread but I didn't see anything.

Yes, But you would need to start AutoCAD up a second time and have two instances of it open. Place one on one monitor and the other on the other monitor.

You can stretch your Autocad screen across both monitors, open up two drawings, go to the "Window" pull down menu, select "Tile Vertically", then just resize each window so you have one on your primary monitor and the other on your secondary monitor.

You can stretch your Autocad screen across both monitors, open up two drawings, go to the "Window" pull down menu, select "Tile Vertically", then just resize each window so you have one on your primary monitor and the other on your secondary monitor.

That was interesting and a keen idea. The only thing I did not like about that is, Although I have two drawings open in one instance of AutoCAD on two screens, I would have to flip back to the screen on the left side for the command prompt and menus.

Its kind of a hassle.

If you use the dynamic floating command prompt, there is no hassle at all. You can type in your commands wherever your cursor is on screen.

I guess to each his own,

I never liked the floating command prompt.

I prefer the prompt at the bottom of the screen.

Old school I guess.

Still, Its a neat idea just the same.

Thanks