Help drawing holes

smorales02

so I gave up on the pool table for the mean time and decided to go with a simple poker table....I have my table top together now just need help putting in the holes for cup holders...the circles seen are not sketchup circles but copied acad objects which in turn turns them into many line segments... How would I go about drawing holes in the table at these locations??

Thank you

table.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smorales02

• ReMark

• f700es

• CADken

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes, but I cant seem to get the actual circle drawn in the right place...since the circles I have are actual line segments I cannot snap to center to redraw circles in SU...So im trying to figure out how I can draw those circles in the correct location than use pree/pull to go through table.. Does that make sense....????

The AutoCAD circles (now a bunch of line segments) messed you up, huh? Now you want to substitute SU circles in their place, right? And SU has no means of accurately doing that? What's up with the measuring tape at the top of your screen? Can't we measure to/from something?

Thats exactly waht happen..

What im thinking of doing is going into my cad file and gett the measurments from edge of table to center of circle and trying it that way...just as you mentioned...ill see how it goes....

Its the learning curve of a new software that messes me up...

Wish I could be of more assistance but I only dabbled in SU a short while when it first came out. Haven't had the opportunity to go back and delve deeper. Good luck with your poker table.

As a cowboys fan I have to root agains NY...

Hey do you know of a free rendering software to make my models more ralistic looking?

Free? Hmmm...not really although I think that just came up recently (can't recall the thread). Try a search. I think you'll come across a couple of threads that might help.

My son is a Cowboys' fan. A little rivalary never hurt on a Sunday afternoon.

Have you use IDX?? In your opinion is kerkythea better/easier to work with.... I am very new at rendering stuff so im trying to find the easiest one to learn on...eventually I will purchase a rendering program, but for my learning I would like to keep it free.

Does Kerkythea work inside SU or is it a seperate program??