structural and architectural detailing

Narmin_T

Just out of curiousity I opened up my Architectural Graphic Standards and looked in the index for curtain wall. Amazingly enough I'm looking at pages 449-455 and there are all kinds of notes, specifications and attachment and anchorage details for glazed metal curtain wall systems. Wish I could hold the book up to my monitor and show them to you. Don't you have an equivalent book like this in England? A "bible" of sorts?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Narmin_T

• qball

• SuperCAD

Top Posters In This Topic

Arch Graphic Standards, excellent book. I would also imagine you could do a google search for Curtain wall details and find some manufacturers that have there standard connection details avaiable as cad files.

:((, no Remark..I have been looking for the book (or the same sort) at uni and book shop....could find (some on the shelf are for 1980s...lol...I have to order online takes 7days.

So I have to give a shot for manufacturer's website.

tanx

I'd offer to scan the pages and email them to you but I can't say for sure the quality would be good. Not to mention that scanning a page in a book is problematic in the area close to where the pages are bound.

I have a copy of one of those older books I'd send to you for the cost of the postage but suspect that some things would be out-of-date and no longer considered to be good practice.

I just Googled "curtain wall details" and got tons of hits. One in particular caught my eye (I'm blind in the other). It was called Curtain wall details images. You should check it out.

Remark is too kind of you to offer all that. thanks for even considering that. I have managed to find some info on websites. many thanks

Arch Graphic Standards, excellent book. I would also imagine you could do a google search for Curtain wall details and find some manufacturers that have there standard connection details avaiable as cad files.

I third that. lol The only thing that book lacks is specs on missle launch pads