• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rdharvey

• Hopinc

• Steve_wright

• Calibos

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry, that was a bit wicked of me! I seem to be have having one of those stranges days :wink:.

Open Inventor Studio, select "Render Iimage", select "Scene Style" - listed in the drop down menu are several different options, including both non-reflective and reflective planes. Select whichever suits.

If the plane is not where you want it to be, go to "Scene Styles" on the top ribbon of your screen. This menu gives you controls over the type of scene, e.g. faded, solid, etc, the image and the colours. Under the "Environment" tab you can dimensionally set the placement of the plane.

Regards,

Dave

Edited by Hopinc

yeah i know that you can select an off set for a new reflection plane but i want to use a plane that is at an angle how do i go about that?

Thanks

Rob

Hello Rob,

I don't think it's possible. I have never personally wanted to do what you are trying to achieve, but on reflection I can't see anyway of rotating the rendering plane as you want.

You can of course create your own rendering planes but they are in combinations of the XYZ planes and there is no rotation facility in the menu.

As I said before Inventor Studio is a reasonably good renderer, but it's not perfect, and it does not have all the facilities of the sophisticated high end rendering programs like Bunkspeed "Hypermove" for instance.

Regards,

Dave

here are a few quick renders to show my progress. How are you guys coming along? like i said previously i have been busy at work so modelling on this had to stop for a while.

I created this by starting off with a loft feature as they two end profiles where different. Then adding the drafts. The body was then split into 3 and multi bodies where created for the top bottom and battery locations. These where then saved as separate parts as i put strengthening ribs inside of the casing. The remote was then reassembled at a later date with all current visible modifications ie button holes and logo.

let me know what you think and how you think i could improve it....

cheers

Rob

Image.jpg

ontable2.jpg

ontable.jpg

stesky.jpg

managed to put the feature in..jeeeeez.....was going to start again...but it took me quite a while to get it this far ....it aint right but most of the features ect are there....i'm done...lol

i'd probably give my self 4/10 it aint right but phew i found it pretty hard.

[ATTACH]24006[/ATTACH]

managed to put the feature in..jeeeeez.....was going to start again...but it took me quite a while to get it this far ....it aint right but most of the features ect are there....i'm done...lol

i'd probably give my self 4/10 it aint right but phew i found it pretty hard.

Well done Steve :)

i think the next task should be something mechanical... :) i dunno maybe a small piston assembly... i might look through some of my uni assignments see if i can find any from my first year to post up for you guys. :)

Yeah let someone else choose a project :)..i'll deffo give another a go.....mean while maybe some people are still doing theirs...... they still have the end of this month to finish it.......if someone wants to pick another project then maybe start another thread and take it from there :)

I would still love to see other peoples attempt of it and even if they didn't get far with it or struggled maybe we can try and put them on the right track .

thanks for the kind comments by the way!!

nice one harvey,, been looking on net for ages trying to find projects or dimensioned drawings i can use on inventor,fed up of looking round me house.

:lol:

i think the next task should be something mechanical...
:)
i dunno maybe a small piston assembly... i might look through some of my uni assignments see if i can find any from my first year to post up for you guys.
:)

yeah i had a small piston assembally assignment in my first year too, was pretty cool. We also did a unicycle... i think that could be a good task... maybe a bit more time would be needed though..

top part o remote.jpg

Slowly slowly catchy monkey...aint got much time to meself but im still at it!!!needs a bit of adjusting yet...time will tell

back.jpg

buttons.jpg

Edited by Calibos

So who is classed as the winner?! was there any other attempts to the task that haven't been posted up yet??

lol looks like it's died of death this one....nevermind eh....

i enjoyed it anyway...lol

Steve:?