• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rdharvey

• Hopinc

• Steve_wright

• Calibos

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Somebody come up with a new project , practice is the key.... nothing too linear,, maybe a bit of a working assembly as well,, any ideas would be welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Right guys, I have another task for you lot. :) it's one i was given at my first year of uni so its pretty simple.... Its saved as a pdf so dunno if i can load it up here. :/

feel free to #PM me with your e mail address and ill send it to you! :) unless any one knows how to upload PDF?

Just got it today harvey...for some reason msn messenger decided to put it in my deleted box:?.....your image looks superb..is it a inventor render or some other software?...

gonna have a lot to live up to

Yes got mine too.....this looks an excellent project!! i reckon i will learn quite allot of this ..

I've sent you an email regarding the nut..

Cheers

Steve:thumbsup:

Just got it today harvey...for some reason msn messenger decided to put it in my deleted box:?.....your image looks superb..is it a inventor render or some other software?...

Hmmm hotmail is a strange thing!! :)

Thanks dude it was all done in inventor and inventor studio... Simple render really i just used all the basic settings that are already set up withing the inventor studio environment. Wish i still had hypershot and SW photo-view 360. They where awesome!

As for the hole on the piston i believe that is right yes.

Yes got mine too.....this looks an excellent project!! i reckon i will learn quite allot of this ..

I've sent you an email regarding the nut..

Cheers

Steve:thumbsup:

I've not received any e-mails? :/

Hi Rob,

PhotoView 360, which incidentally is now incorporated into SW2011, is not really any better than Inventor Studio in my opinion. Hyperhsot, or better yet KeyShot, has a totally different way of working, and one I personally find somewhat frustrating. For instance, having to create emmisive planes for extra lighting really is not my idea of how it should be done, although it does have some interesting uses.

I noticed from your rendering that you have not got perspective switched on -this immediately gives a "queer" look to your image as it gets wider in the distance.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but in the spirit that it is intended, but I think your lighting needs work, so do your shadows and reflections, as they have too much impact on the image (this is my personal opinion). Inventor Studio is actually quite a flexible program, but you need to put a lot of effort and experimentation in to really master it.

I guess I have accumulated a lot of experience with Studio and I feel that most people do not experiment anywhere near enough and just accept the default settings. It has a lot more to offer with practice.

It is not an easy subject to explain as I personally do a lot of tweaking to my images, and this can take hours, but if you think I can be of any help please ask.

Regards,

Dave

Edited by Hopinc

Hi Rob,

PhotoView 360, which incidentally is now incorporated into SW2011, is not really any better than Inventor Studio in my opinion. Hyperhsot, or better yet KeyShot, has a totally different way of working, and one I personally find somewhat frustrating. For instance, having to create emmisive planes for extra lighting really is not my idea of how it should be done, although it does have some interesting uses.

I noticed from your rendering that you have not got perspective switched on -this immediately gives a "queer" look to your image as it gets wider in the distance.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but in the spirit that it is intended, but I think your lighting needs work, so do your shadows and reflections, as they have too much impact on the image (this is my personal opinion). Inventor Studio is actually quite a flexible program, but you need to put a lot of effort and experimentation in to really master it.

I guess I have accumulated a lot of experience with Studio and I feel that most people do not experiment any where near enough and just accept the default settings. It has a lot more to offer with practice.

It is not an easy subject to explain as I personally do a lot of tweaking to my images, and this can take hours, but if you think I can be of any help please ask.

Regards,

Dave

I know where your coming from, although this was just a quick render taking ten mins to show the guys what sort of thing they should end up with :)

Have an autodesk animation and rendering training course on Monday so hopefully i'll learn a few extra tricks. i'm usually a perfectionist when it comes to rendering. :)

Thanks for the offer i'll give you a shout next time i have time to play around with the rendering environment!