Request for wall detail

marrrr

Hey guys

I've been looking for a SPIDER WALL STRUCTURAL DETAIL(in dwg format) since last week and i couldnt find it yet. Incase u guys are having such detail let me know ASAP plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thanks alot

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• marrrr

• Jack_O'neill

• eldon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to the CADTutor forum.

The CADTutor forum is not a repository for free details. If a member has one he/she would like to share that is entirely up to them. You might try searching over at the CAD Block Exchange Network.

Welcome Marrr,

ReMark said it, I just want to add that the red, bold and big text does not help, which I haven't changed - neither does the un-informative title, which I did change.

I'm assuming you are talking about point-fixed spider wall details right?

Try this link for starters. When the webpage open click on Products then under that heading click on Spider. After that you are on your own.

http://www.nexusglazing.com/

Addendum:

FYI...the above link is for the manufacturer of a high end glass curtain wall system. It has nothing to do with structural concrete.

Edited by ReMark

Hello again

didnt mean to be rude or whatever but i just need that dwg file to complete my second faze files of my final project! anyhow, tnx for the replies

First. Please don't call me dear. That's reserved for my wife.

Second. Yep, you said it a couple of times; you're looking for a drawing file of the detail. I get that. So far no one has volunteered one so it looks like it is up to you. The website I provided the link for appears to have details of the "spiders" themselves. How tough would it be to draw one and a piece of glass? You want to aspire to being a CAD expert sometimes you have to create a little magic all on your own. Many of us have been caught in a similar bind when the boss wants something last minute and we have to scramble to get it done. That's the nature of the business.

Did you check the CBEN suggestion out at all?

Did you do an Internet search on these "spiders" to see what other companies, besides the one I gave you the link to, produce such an item? Maybe you could find one that would be willing to share a dwg or dxf file with you if you asked nicely enough. Tell them you are a student and you're doing a term paper on this type of product. Ask for their help. Be creative.

are u out of ur mind??? jst tried to be nice!!! get a life u dirty mind!!

no one asked for ur help!!!

U even dont know what im asking for!! its not called SPIDER dude!!!

Your post #9 ends in the word dear. I don't want you or anyone else here referring to me as "dear". Alright...dude?

Your post #1 refers to spider wall detail. I just shortened it. Anyone who clicks on the link I provided will see I did not get anything mixed up.

You need to get it under control. I've provided you with a couple suggestions and you have done what so far?

Here's another link for you. It even contains technical drawings for something called the Spider Tie Concrete Wall Forming System. Maybe this is what you were asking about?

http://spidertie.com/technical-drawings-and-details

Don't ever say that I did not try to help you.

I just reread your first post. You spent an entire week looking for a pre-drawn detail. How much time would it have taken to draw one? I bet it would have been less than that.

ANYWAY, donno where r u from n dont want to know but calling someone ''DEAR'' does not mean the romantic stuff which is in ur mind! lol... dont be that much close minded n learn 2 respect! "We are here to seek for knowledge" not to fight or joke or whatever!

Tnx for the files u provided, i realy appreciate it, but i think u r not an architect or even a darftman n u have no idea about architecture! cause for getting the Drawings to second faze u need to go through some procedures and ur final result wont be any of the files which u provided;) You should no what spider glass wall is!!! why would u searched for its clips? Technicaly it has nothing to do with DWG drawings, atleast in our major... lol

Since i had no choice, i started drawing it by cad n i will share it here once i finish it.

tnx;)

Edited by marrrr
adding

I was not referring to anything romantic. I just don't like being called "dear". Now drop it.

You're right I'm not even a "draftman" as you put it. I have a degree as a surgical technician.

I've never had the opportunity to call for a spider glass wall. I work in a chemical plant. Fancy for us is block, brick and concrete. We try to avoid the use of glass as there is always a chance of an explosion sending shards flying everywhere. If we do use glass it is reinforced with wire mesh.

Did you fail English composition by the way? Just curious.

You had a choice but you just got lazy. If you could not find what you wanted in a half-day or less you could have started drawing the required details a long time ago. You thought someone else would do your homework for you. Well, that didn't happen. And when you do get a job someday I hope you'll shoulder the responsibilities that go with it instead of expecting someone else to pick up the slack.

Yes, please share an image or images with us. Most of us here don't mind learning something new. That's why we frequent CADTutor.

Good luck in your project.

"...n u have no idea about architecture! cause for getting the Drawings to second faze u need to go through some procedures and ur final result wont be any of the files which u provided;)..."

I am always willing to learn even from a neophyte like yourself. Use this as your opportunity to teach me.

Regards.

ReMark

This may be similar to what you were seeking.

I have been so rapt with the verbal cut and thrust of this thread (and puzzling out the words which are not in full spelling) that it slipped my mind that I had this drawing from years ago. I cannot let you have the file, because I did not draw it.

marrrrr, it does matter where people are from, because each country has its own building codes. You are not revealing where you are from, whereas ReMark's whereabouts is known.

I wonder why you posted your thread in the Tutorial section?

Spider.jpg