• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• marrrr

• Jack_O'neill

• eldon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After a little more research I found out you used the wrong terminology to describe what you were looking for. The proper term is point supported glass and the fittings are referred to as "spiders". If you click on the link below it will take you to a manufacturer of these types of fittings. Scroll down the page and you'll even find a link to their hardware catalog.

http://www.jeberkowitz.com/products/Details/Point%20Supported%20Glass.aspx

Seek and ye shall find.

I found some AutoCAD dwg files.

All it took was a little perseverance and an eye for the proper terminology.

The link below should take you to the website of Innovative Structural Glass. They call their products "fins" and they have a library of details in both DWG and PDF format. I only viewed the thumbnail images to the left of each description but I think I saw a some "spiders" in a couple of them. I will leave it up to you to check out. I think I've gone above and beyond.

http://www.structuralglass.com/gfsd.html

Check out their catalog of custom fittings. They have flange mount, post support and conical spider fittings. The images show front and side views.

Edited by ReMark
Added note re: custom fittings.

designerstuart:

A legend? I've got several more years to go before before I reach that status. Heck, I'm not even a fully qualified quantum mechanic yet!

marrrr: You're welcomed. I sincerely wish you well in your project. Really. Let's just put the "debate" behind us and move on.

Being a bit more precise in what you're asking for would help prevent getting off on the wrong foot too. I knew what a curtain wall spider was, but didn't know for sure what the OP meant with the term "spider wall". It would also help if folks would remember when posting that they are not texting on a cell phone, so full words in plain English are a real plus. If u haf 2 fgr out wat ....I can't even do it.....If you have to decipher a bunch of silly abbreviations, it just adds to the frustration.

marrrr...think about what you said:""...n u have no idea about architecture! cause for getting the Drawings to second faze u need to go through some procedures and ur final result wont be any of the files which u provided;)..." How would anyone here have any idea what your final result should be? Second phase of what? Every architect I've ever worked with had his own ideas about how the world should be constructed. No two of them do anything the same way, and that will greatly affect the construction details. For instance, curtain wall details vary drastically with just a change in the thickness of the glass. If the wall is interior, away from the elements and can be made with 1/4" glass, those details will be very very different from one that is on the exterior of a building and requiring 1" glass. Add impact resistance for hurricane zones or worse yet, bullet resistance, and things change exponentially.

Anyone here will help you do your project, but no one is going to do it for you.

A legend? I've got several more years to go before before I reach that status. Heck, I'm not even a fully qualified quantum mechanic yet!

What's this? the Draftinator not a legend? Bahh...I don't believe that.

• 11 months later...