educational stamp

clicker

I got a file from a client that was apparently created with an educational version of autocad. I am trying to copyclip geometry from this file into a full version (2008 ) drawing, and I get an error message that says 'educational stamp detected' and then the command line says 'pasteclip invalid'. Anyone know a workaround for this?

Edited by Tiger
removed smiley

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• clicker

• 43st

• Jack_O'neill

Any content created in an educational version of AutoDesk software cannot be used in a commercial version of the software without violating the terms of the End User License Agreement (EULA). In addition, this content (ex. - a block), when used in a commercial product, brings with it the educational stamp which you cannot get rid of once the drawing is saved. In essence you have "infected" your drawing. Treat it like a virus and avoid it at all costs.

Any content created in an educational version of AutoDesk software cannot be used in a commercial version of the software without violating the terms of the End User License Agreement (EULA). In addition, this content (ex. - a block), when used in a commercial product, brings with it the educational stamp which you cannot get rid of once the drawing is saved. In essence you have "infected" your drawing. Treat it like a virus and avoid it at all costs.

I was afraid of that.

Autodesk offers rewards for reporting any form of piracy they have long legal arms.

I think you should advise whoever you got the drawing from of their legal responceability. By accepting their work you are adding yourself to possible legal action.

So what are the names of your company and your client's company again?:twisted: I may have walked by a force field that temporarily scrambled my memory circuits.:shock:

43st: We no longer pass along that type of information here at CADTutor. Please keep that in mind should the question arise in the future. Thank you.

gotcha, it's been Removed.. didn't know this was an AutoDesk sponsored site. :oops:

I'll let that slide.

It isn't. We just try to maintain a self-imposed standard where we do not encourage certain behaviors. I'm sure you understand.

Try not to take it personally. I've been there, done that and learned from it too. Are we cool?

I certainly don't want to lend to the site being blacklisted by AutoDesk, so no problem. Does Cadtutur.net really enforce all Autodesk EULA's? They are rarely enforceable in a court of law even..

Sorry for being a such a newb here.. It's rather difficult to find a good forum for AutoCad these days.

I don't agree. I am pretty sure David made an announcement about this. There is a work around that is built into AutoCAD itself. We are also not sponsored by AutoDesk unless something has changed. David is the boss here not AutoDesk. David was real clear to us mods what the answer is. We can provide the built-in work around but say what will happen and what could be lost. The CADTutor site does not condone using educational software for profit but there are times when it just cannot be helped or resolved in the "preferred" manner.

"CADTutor is here for the good of the user and not for the good of Autodesk."

I have had blocks and things infected before as well. I'll let this sit here a bit before I reply. Now if David changes his mind then that is fine but as of right now we can give this information out.

Life is too short to harbor ill will toward others, least of all on an internet forum. As you can see from my post count I have no idea what's going on around here anyway.

Mark please don't think I am coming down on you, I am not. You know we are tight ;)

My post was more for 43st and to give some general information.