What is Instrumentation Draughting?

MisterJingles

Doesn't keep them from being funny.

Nope, still funny.

I liked especially one of the newer episodes in which Captain Slow drove the Bugatti Veyron to see if it could actually go 253 mph.http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LO0PgyPWE3o

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• MisterJingles

• Dana W

• Jack_O'neill

for schematics, should I draw it on paper space and put anotation in separated layer?

I was wondering if later the schematics get big, all the anotation should be adjusted accordingly to view them perfectly on an A3 print.

Or there is other way?

Draw your piping and instrumentation diagram in model space and put your title block and border in paper space. Your annotation for the P&ID can be done in model space too. Remember, it is just a schematic representation of what's in the field. You do not have to draw it to scale.

Hi all

I hope 2011 has been good to you thus far.

I have a question Im slightly embarrassed to be asking, but could someone briefly explain what Instrumentation draughting is?

There is a possibility of moving in a different direction with regards to my job description and Im trying to figure out exactly what I'm opening myself up to.

So any help would be appreciated.

Thanks all

MisterJingles,

In Engineering and Construction Offices P&ID's are usually drawn by entry level draftsmen.

The real instrument drawings are done in the E&I (Electrical and Instrumentation) Group.

This might help.

kramerO

In real life, The Stig is Michael Schumacher, world champion F1 driver.
not true. That was just a "joke" on one program.

The latest editions of the show have lots of ill feeling towards white Stig as he has now revealed his identity in his book http://www.amazon.co.uk/Man-White-Suit-Ben-Collins/dp/000732796X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295799011&sr=8-1

I guess they will be getting another one soon.

(Black Stig was one time GP "driver" Perry McCarthy)

In small companies it is not uncommon for the P&IDs to be done by the design draftsman based on a rough sketch from the process engineer. Most times I'm given a very basic layout to run with and will be relied upon to provide missing detail. If I have any questions it is incumbent upon me to talk to the process engineer.