• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• helen

• ReMark

• Cad64

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

South Florida is no longer part of the continental United States.

Norwalk is north and east of New York City (east coast of the United States; state of Connecticut). NYC is about an hour's drive from Norwalk.

Those "blue square thingys" are called Grips. Geometry can be manipulated using Grips.

If Norwalk wasnt important he wouldnt have put it on his profile. In fact there are a few places called that, including in Conneticut.

The dwg file is more than 2 mb...

:lol: I figger Norwalk is only slightly less inportant than Olney. After all, they named a place in France after us.

Hellen, Those two kid each other with that deadpan style often.

I dont know how to attach it, isnt 2mb too big?

In properties it says that the lines that are too thick have an annotation scale of1:1 but the thinner lines dont have an annotation scale,...?

H

I don't think the problem is with the files. I think it's just inexperience with Autocad. But if you want to post the files, you could upload them to a file hosting site and then post a link to the download here.

Thanks for the tip, I'll leave it for now, I havent got time to figure out how to do a file hosting site. Ill try my George Omura mastering autocad book instead.

thanks again ya'll

Yup, this is my friday night, got to finish this landscape course by 31st may, eek.

Ok 'pm' (wahatever that is) your email address, if you have time, much appreciated.

Ill try in the morning.....H

Yup, this is my friday night, got to finish this landscape course by 31st may, eek.

Ok 'pm' (wahatever that is) your email address, if you have time, much appreciated.

Ill try in the morning.....H

I sent you a private message with my email address if you are interested in having someone look at the drawing. If not it's no problem. I have plenty of work around the house to do.

Off topic, but this is my biggest problem with school. I don't know how it is for other disciplines, but for landscape architecture, they DO NOT teach the students Autocad. They teach them how to be dreamers and how to work on crazy projects that would never happen in the real world, but they do not teach them Autocad. And to be honest, that's what these kids are going to be doing for at least the first few years on the job. They're going to be sitting in front of a computer all day, every day, drafting up whatever we give them to work on. We had one girl quit after she realized that she was going t be sitting in front of a computer for 8 hours a day, every day. She had no idea. She was under the impression that she would be outside all the time, running around managing projects and doing field work or something. It's just funny to me. The single most important thing these kids need to learn is the one thing they are not being taught.

It is like that with most architecture and engineering disciplines these days. It is considered 'good' if the uni has it as a an aside component in one course of the degree. In reality though, very very few are going to be working on projects such as the Burj Khalifa etc and will only use pieces of what they learn.

Helen, if you look back at your notes from last year, you will see that we covered this topic. During the ZVI project for the CAD/VIZ course, you had to compile a composite drawing from 4 georeferenced contour tiles. The 4 tiles were inserted into a new drawing to create the composite. The same is true in this case. Simply insert the two drawings into a new drawing (or one into the other) to create a composite. Assuming you haven't rescaled or moved the base data, they should match perfectly (I'm assuming they are georeferenced).

Yes I've sorted my drawing now....

I have a distant memory of CAD/VIS but I had no real experience of computers at that time, let alone CAD, so it was over my head. But I did follow the great step by step instructions in class.

Looks like I'm late to the party.

Helen: Are you all sorted out? You file arrived while I was in the middle of demolishing a room and I just got a chance to download it only minutes ago (12:40 pm on the east coast of the U.S.). Do you still need me to take a look at it?

Well, now I have poached contours from another drawing I found. So no rush but I am still curious as to why the thick lines wont budge, but not essential, I wish I had more techy genes... maybe there is genetic engineering for that? its getting late here there is no yellow face for tired

Helen: I did manage to take a look at your drawing and I sent you a reply by email explaining what I found.

Things that I noticed:

1. Some of your contours are polylines and others are lightweight polylines.

2. The layer your contours are on has had a lineweight of 0.30mm assigned to it in the Layer Properties Manager.

3. The option to "Show Lineweight" was enabled in your drawing. With this set to "on" some of the contours do actually appear thicker. With this disabled all the contours would appear to be the same width.