Opening File problem. Read Only.

CADLee

Thanks ReMark. When you put it that way, it makes me feel stupid, because that is just plain old common sense. LOL

Thanks again, Have a good one.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CADLee

• ReMark

• BIGAL

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems that I have alreasy updated the 2013 version and the patch. When I installed the Hotfix - Persistent Autodesk Sync error in the system tray, it also installed the patch. I am afraid to say that it did not seem to help the problem though. It happened again today when I closed a file, then went to reopen it again.

Like I mentioned earlier, the only way it seems that I can open a file so I can edit it and it will not be a "READ ONLY" file. Is to go to TASK MANAGER and END PROCESS to the AcCloud.exe and the accore.exe

I do not know why this is. WHen I run AUtoCAD 2012, there are no such things running in the task bar. I guess till I find the problem, the only way to open a file when it says "READ ONLY" is to end those two processes. It is all I know what to do at this time.

Well it has happened the last four or five that I have done, and those have just been 2D drawings. Average 300Kb, sometimes less than 100. Maybe about 4 to 5 layers and no blocks. Maybe 4 or so window layouts.

I am trying to determine if it could be a problem with the drawing files themselves. Think harder on the question.

When you post your response attach one of the smaller (file size) drawings that you are having the problem with.

One of the problems it might be, after further investigating on new features to 2013. It could be that I am saving the file to the AutoCAD Cloud account. THis is done is the save box when saving a file. Thus when I close it, the file is still being opened in the AutoCloud. That is why it says it is being used and can only be open as a "READ ONLY".

So when I End the AcCloud in the task manager, I am then able to open the file. IF this is the case, then that would mean that I am going to have to go and save all the files again without saving them to my AutoCAD Cloud.

You're using an educational version. Are you uploading your finished drawings to a school website?

I opened the drawing without any problems using AutoCAD 2012. I did a -purge and audit but nothing of any real significance caught my eye.

I am so sorry, still early and not much coffee. It is not the AutoCAD cloud I meant in the SAVE BOX, it is the Autodesk 360.

Sorry about the mix up.

When you applied the Hotfix did you follow the instructions in the ReadMe.txt file to the letter? Did you do EXACTLY as written?

I had no problem opening your drawing in AutoCAD 2013 either.

Not saving them to any School site. Only saving on my laptop. I installed Hotfix as directed to.

I tihnk I might have found the problem. It could be when I am saving the file, the box is checked asking to save to my 360 account. Thus when I close it on AutoCAD 2013, it is still open in the 360 account.

So I am going to try a few drawings, and see what happens when I DO NOT have the box checked asking to save to 360 account. Then see if that solves the issue. If not, then I am going to have to contact Autodesk.