• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• D Mills

• f700es

• JD Mather

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Truss dims are correct that is the Aspen Valley Harley Davidson dealership that my company did in Colorado along with all exterior and interior trim. Current pic log at dmillsstudioanddesign.com .

Thanks again for all of the help it will be good to finally get rid of my vices.

That was to show that you could not install the steel in the peak without disturbing the structural integrity of the timber frame components being used ( in a nut shell we would have to butcher them/cut them apart to insert the steel plate they had designed.

Ah, I see. OK. Well thanks for the explanation. I was having a difficult time trying to understand the concept.

So, what about the Chevy bar? Any further progress?

Truss dims are correct that is the Aspen Valley Harley Davidson dealership that my company did in Colorado along with all exterior and interior trim. Current pic log at dmillsstudioanddesign.com .

Thanks again for all of the help it will be good to finally get rid of my vices.

Ah, cool looking work.

Don't get discouraged, we all had to learn. It will only help you out in the long run :)

Wow, you've come a long way in a very short amount of time! Good for you.

Re: UCS

It appears to be OK but the one thing I did notice was that the bottom of the bar had "Z" of -3'-9" (negative 45"). You might want to move the bar vertically 45" so the bottom sits at an elevation of 0'-0". Just a suggestion.

I like that you have the bar located somewhere close to 0,0,0 instead of way off in space somewhere which many newcomers to 3D seem to manage to do.

You are using 2006 I see. Tell me, how do you manipulate your UCS? What method are you using? Do you tend to have UCSFOLLOW enabled?

Edited by ReMark

3D_Bar.PNG

OK. As you can see the down pointing red arrow indicates a line that is even with the bottom of your bar. The up pointing red arrow indicates a line that is set at an elevation of 0'-0". Most of your bar is sitting in below this line.

Again, nice job. Since the bar is yours I think the next round is on you!:shock:

I have never had a lesson but feel I need one in order to stop wasting so much time can you recommend some really good online schools? As for the question about ucs and how i am using them z axis vector and applying it to the object i am directly working on. If that makes any sence.

My next trick is to build raised panels in front of bar and doors on back then apply wood grain can this bee done still? I enjoy doing this and wouldn't mind knowing everything about ACAD. I helps me sell jobs better when dealing with clients that need to see finished products.

Thanks

Signed Need lessons.

I'll have to reacquaint myself with the capabilities and limitations of using 2006 versus 2013.

I have knowledge of only two online schools. The first is the CAD Institute which is affiliated with Murray State College. I took a course called "AutoCAD In 3D" through them. Relatively cheap (approx. $350 + the cost of materials). It taught me the basics. The second is Penn-Foster. Stay away from them. They are not a good school in my opinion. You want to stop by the Student Project forum and read some of the threads there to get a feeling for what I mean.

Have you looked at any of the tutorials here at CADTutor? They are worth checking out. There is another website I can recommend that is called "My CAD Site" that has tutorials for various releases of AutoCAD like 2001, 2005, 2007, etc. See this link:

http://www.we-r-here.com/cad/index.htm

I'm assuming since you are using 2006 it's mostly toolbars and pull-down menus right? Do you make use of the Dashboard at all? Oops...this was introduced in 2007.

Edited by ReMark

My next trick is to build raised panels in front of bar and doors on back then apply wood grain can this bee done still? I enjoy doing this and wouldn't mind knowing everything about ACAD. I helps me sell jobs better when dealing with clients that need to see finished products.

Thanks

Signed Need lessons.

Yes, you can do all that even using 2006.

I heartily recommend a book that is about a version of AutoCAD very close to yours. It's called "AutoCAD 2007 3-D Mondeling - A Visual Approach" by Alan J. Kalameja. It even comes with a CD of drawing samples keyed to the chapters in the book.

I heartily recommend a book that is about a version of AutoCAD very close to yours. It's called "AutoCAD 2007 3-D Mondeling

2007 saw significant changes to the 3D modeling environment (including the Dashboard interface).

While much is the same - I suspect you will frustrated if you get a book on 2007, find one on 2006 or earlier.