Floor Plan

KharizzaJeh

Yes Sir it is -- I have down loaded it 3 times and on my computer I can get the courser to quit jumping

It is as if the snap & grid is turned on. I have turned both snap & grid off and it still does it. Ever one else seems to have no trouble with it.

I have down loaded NanoCad but have not had a chance to use it yet.

Draftsight has a fight with my graphics card too. Try turning off (or on) hardware acceleration in windows control panel. Which ever way it is set, set it the other way. If it doesn't help you, switch it back. I forgot which section it's in. It may not help but it has on occasionmade a difference with a few people's computers.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• welldriller

• f700es

• Dana W

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ReMark -- no but i will keep that in mind although I do not have a problem with any other programs. I am using a Logitech M100 that is only 11 months old. (my mouse has a tail)

1700es -- Not sure about the specs but as above, every thing else works

Dana W -- You could have found the problem -- some times for no reason I will have to reboot to get the correct pickels back, it goes to what would compare to the old 80 version.

Thanks to all of you -- I am very great full for your time and input.

KHARIZZAJEH: If you are trying to make a drawing of of the plan you posted Don not think you have enough information

But maybe this will help

IMG.jpg

Dana W -- You could have found the problem -- some times for no reason I will have to reboot to get the correct pickels back, it goes to what would compare to the old 80 version.

Wow, what are you drawing on, an etch-a-sketch? :shock: If your graphics goes that bad, at random, the graphics card may actually have damage.

What was that about having 80 pickles in your boots again?:rofl:

But seriously, your computer specs don't say anything about the worthyness of your graphics device, but I suspect some sort of inadequacy there.

Guess what -- I do have an etch-a-sketch -- and it is a round one -- yep round like a ball never could get the hang of it though.

When the screen goes south on me I get a pop up that after I reboot I can send a message to Microsoft about the problem

Never do get the report page to send them. !o! well The wife and I are going to move in June so think I will put up with it till after we move and save up for a different computer. Might take a while though got to have a cataract removed and lens implant done on April 15th. Had the other eye done back in the mid 1980.

The message does say that the ATIDVAA DRIVER has quit working.

Now if you want a challenge I can send you the round etch-a-sketch to work with in your spare time :lol:

You could always buy a used computer off craiglist. I got a good deal on the one I bought to use as my home CAD computer. It was sold by a gamer who decided he needed a car more than a computer.

I agree with Dana, sounds like a graphics card problem. I installed DraftSight on 2 ResLife staff members PCs here at work yesterday and both installs were smooth and worked without a hitch. Sounds like you just need a new PC with newer and better specs.

Edited by f700es

Before you start shellin out the dead presidents you might want to look into upgrading to more and faster RAM and get a SSD. I've never had a system run slow because the graphics card was chokin on the program. Unless you doing some intense 3D stuff autocad is not really a graphics hog. what really helps autocad run smooth is a solid co-math processor and fast ram. The faster RAM your system can handle the better the performance of the program. It never hurts to upgrade the parts that are running the core systems of your computer. You can spend a lot of money on an upgrade of a video card that turns out not to help at all.

I disagree with the above opinion.

Since the OP is running Windows XP his options for more and faster RAM might be limited unless he wants to do some tinkering. I'm betting too that his version of XP is 32-bit. Move to a new or newer (in the case of a used computer) and get one that is 64-bit and then consider bumping the RAM above 4GB.

AutoCAD, in my experience, can indeed suffer problems if it is being run on a computer that has a less than adequate graphics card.

That is true Ski_Me but I would like to know what the system is before I would spend a dime on it. If it is say a Pentium 4 based system I would not invest anything in it. As that would be a total waste of money.

"They usually are 2x6 construction. It just makes for a better house" well i disagree bricks are much better they dont blow away every time you guys have a hurricane lol

Well first let me assure you that any and all opinions, advise and comments are not only wanted but appreciated.

But I think that ReMark get the gold star this time. Here is why I am hesitating on doing some thing right now.

running -> Microsoft Windows XP professional

version 2002

service pack 3

pentium ® cpu 1.90 GHz

1.89GHz 1.00 GB of ram

32 bit

80 gb hard drive

Hope that this will answer any questions that you may have and explain my position in not wanting to rush into anything plus (not complaining) but S.S. only goes so far.

Given the specs he could run 3 gig of ram at oh I'd say 2.4 GHz but that depends on his mother board but XP will only se 3 gig of ram anyway and only use about 80 to 90 percent of it. Even if the video card was upgraded the performance boost would be hardly anything to brag about. Could buy a machine off the shelf or you could build a machine that you would be happy with and save a ton of money. The first computer I bought was the last computer I bought, every one I have owned in the last 17 years I built from parts I bought.

Thanks ski_Me I have been considering that for the past 2 or 3 years and it is still on the table. That way ,if possible, I could stay away from Windows 8. I started out on an Apple (used) went to an Apple-2 (used) many years ago loved that Apple-2 It even came with a programming language built in. Went to a Windows pc so that I could do thing for my youngest daughter. Cad drawings and programs in dbase-3 plus. Sorry got off the subject -- I would like to build my own so that I could have more than one floppy drive.

Why do you need a floppy drive?

I think anyone interested in computers beyond just using them should at one time in their lives build one.

Yes, 1GB of RAM is paltry to say the least. You could boost that to 4GB and with a simple tweak to the boot.ini file get WinXP to recognize about 3.2GB of that amount. You haven't mentioned anything about your graphics card.

ReMark: As far as I can tell the graphics card shows up as a "display adapter" and is RANGE FURY PRO/XPERT 2000 PRO (Microsoft Corporation). As for the floppy/cd drive I put anything that I want to save on a cd or 3-1/2" floppy. What I want to do after we move is to build my first computer and try to set it up the way I want it, I will keep you posted as to how it goes. It will be after July or August though. I'm afraid I do not have the knowledge that you and others on the forum have but I keep trying.

Re: display adapter. Is that a graphics card or onboard chip?

You should save to your hard drive first. Backups should be to a DVD (more storage capacity) or a flash drive.

I think that display adapter is an onboard chip because when the screen goes south I get a message "your atidva driver has quit working" after rebooting you can notify Microsoft of the problem. Never do get the pop-up to notify Microsoft though.

As for storage -- I like the flash drive idea better -- even have one I can start using.