standard ttf fonts

joendarch95

Most of the problems I recall being mentioned in threads here had to do with a variation of the Arial font. MT and Narrow were mentioned.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• f700es

• RobDraw

• ReMark

• Tyke

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an option in the DWG to PDF driver to capture fonts as graphics. PDFs using that option do not require the receiver to have the fonts.

No it doesn't. I thought the problem was with a file (DWG) from an outside source. My bad. No, if the font is on the machine it should translate to the PDF (just another form of a post script file).

Yes it does. It's accessible from the Device and Document Settings tab, select Custom Properties from the list then hit the Custom Properties button. The third section is "Font Handling".

"printing through the DWG to PDF.pc3 and export to PDF" Ok, I might be reading this wrong but you print to a PDF and then export to a PDF? When I print a PDF I use the Acrobat PDF printer or the DWG to PDF and that is it. Do you have an extra step?

As I stated in post #20, the (AutoCAD) DWG to PDF driver. Click properties and then follow the steps above. I wish I could post a screen shot but I can no longer upload files.

I wish I could post a screen shot but I can no longer upload files.

What about linking images to say a dropbox, google drive account? Is that locked out to you as well?

"printing through the DWG to PDF.pc3 and export to PDF" Ok, I might be reading this wrong but you print to a PDF and then export to a PDF? When I print a PDF I use the Acrobat PDF printer or the DWG to PDF and that is it. Do you have an extra step?

No, those were the two separate methods that were tried. Normally either of these two methods work ok when creating a PDF from a drawing, but this time with the Arial MT font neither of them worked. We needed to get the job out PDQ so the simplest solution was to change the font. It's a public holiday here today but I'll try the Acrobat PDF printer when I get in the office tomorrow.

No, those were the two separate methods that were tried. Normally either of these two methods work ok when creating a PDF from a drawing, but this time with the Arial MT font neither of them worked. We needed to get the job out PDQ so the simplest solution was to change the font. It's a public holiday here today but I'll try the Acrobat PDF printer when I get in the office tomorrow.

Oh OK cool, I did not understand. Yeah, sometimes I switch up what PDF driver I am using depending on what the CAD file is. I notice that Acrobat Pro gives me fits when I have transparent hatches in the file but the dwg to pdf driver does not even skip a beat printing it. Go figure ;)