Print on title box help

BEERM4N

As I said I haven't got access to Autocad at the moment but I'll put it on my list for first thing monday morning :)

that would be so awesome :)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BEERM4N

• steven-g

• ReMark

• sparkyuk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry you had to wait so long, but a lot of people aren't about at the weekend.

I'll let you fill in the title blocks, but I have set up the layouts for each drawing to plot onto A3. If There are any problems just let us know.

Chúc may mắn

5Summary_FN2(1).dwg

Sorry you had to wait so long, but a lot of people aren't about at the weekend.

I'll let you fill in the title blocks, but I have set up the layouts for each drawing to plot onto A3. If There are any problems just let us know.

Chúc may mắn

You are awesome my freind! I owe you a beer.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back again. I am the biggest noob when it comes to CAD. Now steven-g has kindly setup my templates for each drawing how do I print them to say a .pdf file @ A3 size?

Hello again, open the plot dialogue and select DWG to PDF as your plotter, in the paper sizes section look for A3 size, and make sure that the scale is set to 1:1 and that the units is mm.

\\te-fp01\SCH_A3BL: This plotter configuration cannot be used for one of these reasons: the driver cannot be found, the device cannot be found, or the driver has a problem. The None plot device has been substituted.

That is the initial error I get.

Then I run the plot and get the following error:

WARNING: Incompatible or missing plot style

\\te-fp01\SCH_A3BL: This plotter configuration cannot be used for one of these reasons: the driver cannot be found, the device cannot be found, or the driver has a problem. The None plot device has been substituted.

That is the name of the plotter we use at work. So you need to change the plotter name to "DWG to PDF" it is the second option down on the left hand side of the dialogue option. And the plot style is the top right hand choice menu. If I remember correctly then "NONE" is one of the options, you should be ok picking that, let me know if you are still having problems and I'll post a screen shot of what I mean tommorrow.

Think i've got it worked out, but it looks as though when i print it to .pdf it puts the scale out slightly which is a pain, it also cuts off some of the titlebox... Any ideas?

when u select Pdf to Dwg it makes a Pdf at a size of A3 providing you did as above, so when printing the Pdf make sure you have the print bit set to "none" and that A3 is selected in paper size, you should see a preview before printing if it don't look right then you have done something wrong

Thanks Steven. It was a plotter setting but still cant figure out why its cutting the edge of my template off when I convert it to .pdf. Ahh well, once again thanks for all your help.

simple:

go to model space click on the red letters, go to the top of the screen where the colours are it says bylayer click on it and select what colour you want and its done

Or if you want to change them all in one go you will need to go into layer props manager and find the layer that the dims are on and change it to the colour you want once done all the dims will changed to your selected colour

Edited by sparkyuk

In your menu click 'Format' - 'Dimension style' - 'Modify' pick the text tab and there is a setting for text color, you will have to select and change all the different styles.

"EDIT" If you don't use menus the command is DIMSTYLE to get to the style manager