Text To Geometry 2015 Testing

SEANT

Here's a solution with projects for AutoCAD2023 and BricsCADv22, and binaries.

I tried to make a version for ZwCad, but

AcAp.Application.UserConfigurationManager.OpenCurrentProfile(); failed.

warning CS0618: 'GlyphRun... has been depreciated

Edited by Danielm103
  • Like 1

Nice to see this migration to other platforms.  Thanks for all the effort.

warning CS0618: 'GlyphRun... has been depreciated

That's interesting.  I'll have to investigate the replacement for GlyphRun.

Compiler says, 'Use the PixelsPerDip override'. I had to change the .NET version to build with Acad 2023.

I made a support request for ZwCad.

Reading back in the thread, I surprised Autodesk wouldn’t, couldn’t help you find the issue.

I attached a debugger in 2023, I get a bunch of

Forgot to call Dispose? (Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Spline): DisposableWrapper

And when I select as region

Forgot to call Dispose? (Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Region): DisposableWrapper

None of those would shutdown acad.

Edited by Danielm103

PixelsPerDip?  I shall look into that.

Autodesk was willing to notify and did point out the problem OS setup, but not much else.  To be fair, I did not ask for their assistance either.

I will go back through the code to make better use of using statement.  

With regard to Regions specifically, though, I am encountering numerous Forgot to call Dispose? (Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Region): DisposableWrapper warnings on a more current project.  There, though,  I've been very careful about the 'Using' methodology, or, as an alternative, a more explicit Dispose() - yet that warnings still persist.  That routine does employ copious amounts of Region and Boolean operations, however.   For the most part, I do not suffer crashes, so I just disregard the warnings.  Perhaps the more limited scope of Region use in T2G will help shed some light on that issue.

Once again, thanks for your assistance.

Hi 

I am using Bricscad V20 but get errors when trying to load. I expect it is a library thing compiling with version V20.

Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///D:\Alan\LISP\Text 2 geom\BCAD\STSC_Text2Geom_v19.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)

2 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Hi 

I am using Bricscad V20 but get errors when trying to load. I expect it is a library thing compiling with version V20.

Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///D:\Alan\LISP\Text 2 geom\BCAD\STSC_Text2Geom_v19.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)

0x80131515 means the DLL is blocked, right click on the DLL->properties->unblock

Thank you for letting me know, it is working now, I dont use often but its one of those programs you just have for a rainy day.

Also to Seant for original program.

Edited by BIGAL